Who here owns an AR?

wolfdog45

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ETS_Inc

I actually have two semi-auto, non-NFA, AR's now. I put them together last weekend.

The first one was built using a custom-made lower that I've had for several years. I got it from a group buy on Lightfighter.net. The serial number is my birthday, preceded by the letters MCLMM, which is an abbreviation of a Samuel L. Jackson line in Pulp Fiction. (MCLMM = Mushroom Cloud Layin' Motherf--ker, Motherf--ker!) It's got an A2 stock, and a Doublestar 20" A2 upper. I replaced the flashhider with a QD for a suppressor, though. The can was built for me by the previous owners of ETS, and it's model name and serial number match that of the rifle.

The second one was also built using a Doublestar 20" A2 upper. But, it uses a baby blue CavArms MkII lower and matching rifle-length handguards. I replaced the bolt and bolt carrier with a Ceiner .22 conversion kit, and the flashhider was removed, so I can thread on my ETS suppressor.

Of course, I also have two full-auto conversions.

One is a Tromix lower, converted by Silent Delivery Systems, of Alabama. It has an 11.5" DPMS upper, with YHM carbine-lenght rails, EOTech 551 Rev. F, YHM flip-up rear BUIS, 6-position M4 stock with CAA sidesaddle, Hogue grip, a Redi-Mag, a vertical foregrip of some variety, and an ETS Gladius suppressor. I just put in a 4-position fire control group (safe-semi-burst-auto), but it's not working properly.

The second is a Doublestar lower, converted by ETS. It wears a 4-position CAR stock, CAA rip-off of the MIAD grip, and a Model 1 Sales 7.5" upper, capped off with a Primary Weapons Systems FC556 flash hider / muzzle brake (that thing is loud!). I also had my 'smith cut an M7 bayonet down to fit the gun, and an M8 sheath cut to hold the bayonet. It has a safe-semi-auto FCG.

• 8 months later...
For a new AR owner, the best route is to by a complete rifle, or purchase a complete upper from the web and go through an FFL for a complete lower. Push two (2) pins together to mate the upper and lower, you are good to go.

A complete upper from G&R Tactical, Bravo Co or Rainier Arms are solid dealers with folks that know ARs. G&R would be my choice. Have purchased from him on a recent LMT SBR build and he had what I needed and shipped fast at a great price. Hope that helps. A pic attached of some ARs.

Also, a registered full auto lower or complete rifle will cost you 12k and higher.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

http://www.rainierarms.com/

DSC_0048-2copy.jpg

I wish my tile floor looked that good....

Getting back on topic.....

I just bought my first last Saturday...

A Stag Arms 15L Model 1L (AR-15 M4 Carbine) with detachable carry handle/front post sights.

stag_arms_model1l.gif

It looks like this now, but by Christmas I'll have all new furniture....grip, forearm, optics, and such.

Guest 45AUTO

bought my 1st one about 3 months ago from skip's firearms. have put about 1000 round tru it and each time it gets better.(bushmaster 16" removeable handle)

As of right now, I have possession of half an AR. The lower half.

-Spikes Tactical (Punisher) Lower Receiver

-RRA 2-Stage NM Trigger

-Ace Skeleton Stock (ARFX)

-ERGO 'SureGrip' Grip

-Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

-Coming Soon; KNS Anti-Rotating Pins

0000295wh8.jpg

The 16" LMT upper half and other goodies will are on their way.

• 1 year later...

I bought one AR years ago built one a few years later. Now I'm up to four 6.8's plus a 6.8 pistol and the two original 5.56's. Have had no functional problems with any of them. I have had problems with my reloading at first, but I got over that. I've used parts from

most everywhere. Got three lowers in the safe. Ah...what to do, now.

Guest GenNBForrest

-11.5 SBR flip up sites, my bump in the night friend

-16 Mid length w/eotech

-18.5 mark 12 clone with 3-9x42 SS, .283 @ 100yrds 5 shot

All built by Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville.:bow: