World record whitetail taken in Sumner County

bud

We have been talking about this buck in the official deer thread.  I just hope he did not do anything dishonest.  

First thing I thought when I saw that rack was it looked like a deer farm deer.  Just because a deer even close to that has never been killed in TN does not mean it is not a wild deer but does make me wonder.

Edited by KahrMan
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

We have been talking about this buck in the official deer thread.  I just hope he did not do anything dishonest.  

First thing I thought when I saw that rack was it looked like a deer farm deer.  Just because a deer even close that has never been killed in TN does not mean it is not a wild deer but does make me wonder.

Very interesting. I know next to nothing about deer/deer hunting, so I didn't know there were farmed deer.

In all honesty back when I was deer hunting I let some really big racks walk right past me. I counted several over the years sporting 14 to 16+ and never dropped a round at any of them. But let me say I am not and never been a trophy hunter and do not have a mount on my wall of a big deer or a big fish. I have always been a meat hunter. I don't fault anyone for having wall mounts. My son and Grand sons have about 12 or more deer mounts on their walls. I like the tasty ones more than the wall ones........jmho

What is the current World Record? I thought the current world record nontypical is "The Missouri Monarch" at 333 7/8". Are they talking about beating Tony Lovstuen's buck?

That Missouri buck was not killed, it died of old age.

The Lovstuen buck was 322 green and final score was 307+. This deer scored 308+ green. By the time it dries it will be under 300 I bet.