1 hour ago, Currently said:

You are going to find Lamar's answer letter to be a bunch of political doublespeak baloney on the Session's endorsement.  

Reminds me me why I hate politicians. :(

Bernie Sanders response is telling people that the bill hasn't been introduced. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, Capbyrd said:

Bernie Sanders response is telling people that the bill hasn't been introduced. 

HPA introduced to the HoR on 9 January:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367

Also introduced to the Senate as well:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/59

Fingers crossed, in the meantime I'm waiting for NFA branch.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Everyone should read this article.  There is no hope and dream bull crap in it.  It's just real info.

http://www.recoilweb.com/whats-quieting-the-silencer-industry-126010.html 

Ok, maybe I'm too much of a pessimist, but it reads to me like an industry trying to sell as many of these overpriced cans as possible before the possible passage of the HPA takes the rug out from under them. While I have no illusion about a quick passage, I feel this is one of the best times to attempt it.  And if it passes, I doubt these cans can maintain their current pricing strategy. 

I think prices will initially skyrocket until a bunch of upstarts meet demand but after that the prices will have to drop, especially if foreign made silencers are allowed to be imported. Maybe not every can will be cheaper but there will be a lot more cheap cans, if that makes sense. People will still buy from a reputable silencer manufacturers and pay the extra cost to get a top tier silencer. But there are some who will be happy with the cheapest silencer. I am excited about all the new designs that will be thought up by some guy in his garage.

Might be time to test the waters to see if we can get SBRs and SBSs removed from the registry as well.

4 hours ago, Omega said:

Ok, maybe I'm too much of a pessimist, but it reads to me like an industry trying to sell as many of these overpriced cans as possible before the possible passage of the HPA takes the rug out from under them. While I have no illusion about a quick passage, I feel this is one of the best times to attempt it.  And if it passes, I doubt these cans can maintain their current pricing strategy. 

Yep.  Thats it.  That's why silencerco just laid off a ton of people.   Silencers really aren't moving anymore and it's because of the reverse fear mongering.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a SilencerCo Omega and Harvester as well as a Dead Air Mask, pretty excited.  Would love for HPA to pass and it would definitely be a boost to the industry and make it way more affordable for everyone.  Was hoping for a more offensive approach to 2A and 2A accessories from this administration, but I just don't see it yet, still plenty of time, but we'll see. 

See the latest on the HPA?  it was attached to the SHARE act.

http://www.guns.com/2017/06/13/hearing-protection-act-before-house-committee-this-week/