Homebrewing Beer

poak

Guest Mugster
We were a bit less creative in college......but you can also try:

1 gallon jug of apple cider, empty a little head space out of the top of the bottle, throw in a handful of raisins or craisins (i prefer craisins), put a latex glove (or condom) over the top of the bottle and secure with a rubber band, place it in a warm place (in laundry room near the drier?) wait until the glove (or condom) inflates then deflates again. Its ready!! Enjoy!

Heh. Yeah, I tried fermenting cider without adding sugar, but i did use yeast. It didn't ferment enough for me, I think it only got up to about 3% but it was pretty tasty. It made a real good mulled cider.

I'm trying jungle juice, same basic recipe as i posted, scratch the fruit juice and use 2 pounds of raisons ground in the grinder. I let it ferment 3 weeks and filtered out the raison gunk. Smells pretty good. I'll let it run until it quits and fridge it, see what i got.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MidTNShooter

When I lived in Memphis (many years ago), I was a member of the Bluff City Brewers Club. We brewed and drank and judged the Mid South Fair contest.

Those where good years in my life. I gathered three coca-cola syrup containers, a bottle of CO2 and some factory air gauges froma place in Collierville and started kegging. I really got tired of cleaning and capping cases of bottles.

Just brew, filter and pour in the containers. Pump some CO2 in and shake the H*LL out of it and pump more air in. Since no oxygen gets in, it stays "clean" till it's gone.

Does anyone know of a club here in Middle TN?

MTS

Guest Jason F.

Music City Brewers is the Nashville Club

Antioch Sud Suckers is the South Nashville Club

Mid State Brew Crew is the Murfreesboro and Rutherford County club

There is also a Club in Clarksville that is just getting going strong right now. I saw a few emails going around about them.

If you are into podcasts and such check out www.thebrewingnetwork.com

• 2 months later...
Guest Metal

As a beginner this is what I have been looking at.. I hale from a small town outside of Boston. I moved to tn 16 years ago. In this small town it is hard to get anything that is not BL... I recently went back home and just seeing all the good beer was emotional :)...

I am all set up for kegging tho...

DSC01214.jpg

Guest MidTNShooter
Music City Brewers is the Nashville Club

Antioch Sud Suckers is the South Nashville Club

Mid State Brew Crew is the Murfreesboro and Rutherford County club

There is also a Club in Clarksville that is just getting going strong right now. I saw a few emails going around about them.

If you are into podcasts and such check out www.thebrewingnetwork.com

Many thanks !

MTS