My New Bersa Thunder 380CC in Nickel

Guest oldfella

Guest oldfella

Just received my new BT380CC in nickel, field stripped it and cleaned it. The slide is jut too hard for me to pull, and it's going to take me a loooong time to get it light enough for me to use at my rate of shooting. I'd be nice to find some one interested in trading their well broken-in BT380CC for mine. Here is a stock picture of my new baby.

th_THUNDER-380-SATIN-SS-EX.jpg

Pete

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldfella

I've decided not to trade for one that is already broken in - I'll just have to tough it out - do a lot of pulling on th slide (empty) and when the weather permits it, I'll put a whole bunch of rounds... I need to find some inexpensive ammo, as I can't afford the expensive premium, except couple of boxes for self defense. Thanks all.

Pete

I know .380 ain't cheap but if you intend on carrying the thing blow a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in and get used to it.

There are a bunch of websites that sell ammo. Buy online, unless you can find a better deal locally.

Here's just one place to start:

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/380-auto-fmj-ammo

Edited by Garufa
Guest mn32768
Grease (not oil) up the slide rails and start puttin' some bullets through it. It should loosen up.

My wife and I both have Bersa 380s. I lubed the slides of both guns with automatic transmission oil (regular AFT-4) and it helped quite a bit, and seems to have cured the occasional failure to feed problems as well.

Guest hustle

I just got one before Christmas, and I have had hardly any problems with it at all. I shot 100 rounds through it the first day, and I had one jam because I limp wristed it. It's getting broken in pretty quickly. But, my husband came home from work today saying that a co-worker was complaining about one. His wife couldn't even pull the slide back because the spring was way too tight. I had never heard of that problem.

Guest oldfella
My wife's Bersa Thunder .380, will not eat Wolf ammo. I have no idea why, but we always have problems with it. I just quit buying for the Bersa.

I understand that this is common - some of these guns don't eat every brand, and especially the Wolf ammo. The best thing is to try couple or three types until you find what she likes. Good luck.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...