New Beretta M9 (standard M9 nothing fancy)

tercel89

I have always preached to get guns that  are simple with few parts , with parts that are readily available and keep it very reliable. Therefore I  only kept Glocks and 1911's . I got a urge to stray away from my "few parts" rule and got a new Beretta M9. It may a lot more parts than my 1911 and Glocks but it's reliable and parts are easy to find anywhere. Now that I am reloading , this will be great. These M9's and 92's will digest lots of different 9mm cartridges. Here she is with the factory oil still on her.

ber1.jpg

• Like 4

Nice! I like the look of the straight dust cover models. Sadly, I'm down to six Berettas now. (The Beretta Cougars are my favorite series though) Don't let the number of parts hold you back. These are extremely easy to work on & modify & will digest any ammo you feed them. They're tough as nails too. Odds are you'll never have to repair yours, but if you ever do, parts are cheap & easy to find.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, luvmyberetta said:

Nice! I like the look of the straight dust cover models. Sadly, I'm down to six Berettas now. (The Beretta Cougars are my favorite series though) Don't let the number of parts hold you back. These are extremely easy to work on & modify & will digest any ammo you feed them. They're tough as nails too. Odds are you'll never have to repair yours, but if you ever do, parts are cheap & easy to find.

you are correct on the parts being easy to find. That's why I got it. I was sssooooo tempted to get another Cougar but those parts are drying up.

2 hours ago, luvmyberetta said:

Dang! Every time you post about Cougars, I really regret selling my 8045. 

• Like 1

I have the 92FS and like it a lot. I think it's one of the nicest looking handguns, certainly of the modern era. It's too big and heavy for me to carry it comfortably, so it's a nightstand/range gun, but It's so comfortable to shoot. I stuck some Hogues on it and even though it uglies it up a little, my wife likes them...and she hates shooting handguns. If it has to wear a frumpy set of grips to keep her shooting, so be it.

Edited by monkeylizard

It wasn't until I retired from the Army I really appreciated the M9.  I transitioned around 1987 from 1911 to M9.   Retired 11-12 yrs later.  Never had a MALF with the M9.   I owned two 92s after retiring and thought, other than the size of the grip it is a nice pistol.

5 hours ago, tercel89 said:

At around $350 or so  for a new Stoeger Cougar , you cant beat it for the reliability and just awesomeness.

True. But it doesn't have that certain missing quality. You know...the Beretta name. lol

Maybe I will next year, but it's about number 5 or 6 on my pistol wish list at the moment. 

Have you ever shot a 92/96 series with a factory "D" model hammer spring installed? A quick $5 drop-in mod that will instantly lower your DA trigger by around 4 lbs, dropping it from the 10-11 lb range down to around 7 lbs while keeping the pistol 100% reliable. Of course they make "D" springs for the Cougar series as well, giving them about a 2-3 lb pull weight reduction. I have D springs installed in every Beretta I own along with a good polishing of all internal moving parts including the hammer, sear, & trigger. These firearms have a lot of performance potential.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, luvmyberetta said:

Have you ever shot a 92/96 series with a factory "D" model hammer spring installed? A quick $5 drop-in mod that will instantly lower your DA trigger by around 4 lbs, dropping it from the 10-11 lb range down to around 7 lbs while keeping the pistol 100% reliable. Of course they make "D" springs for the Cougar series as well, giving them about a 2-3 lb pull weight reduction. I have D springs installed in every Beretta I own along with a good polishing of all internal moving parts including the hammer, sear, & trigger. These firearms have a lot of performance potential.

This. Nothing compares to the D spring. It makes a HUGE difference in your double action trigger pull.

My first handgun ever was my 92FS purchased back in 1992 from Wynns in Sevierville.  I was inspired by both the US Military and Lethal Weapon.  Agree its heavy, but trigger and slide are very smooth.  Still have it, and it is still 99%+ in condition. 

Edited by runco
  • Administrator
22 hours ago, suspiciousmind said:

IMO, the most beautiful handgun ever made. My 92 is my favorite handgun.

The 92 is iconic for sure, and has sleek Italian lines... but c'mon... you mean this doesn't make your trousers a little snug?

150715_CPT-Shogun_01_0017r_zpspagixq1z.j

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, TGO David said:

The 92 is iconic for sure, and has sleek Italian lines... but c'mon... you mean this doesn't make your trousers a little snug?

150715_CPT-Shogun_01_0017r_zpspagixq1z.j

I don't quite know when , where , or how it happened; but I grew into guns not really caring for the 1911. (Blasphemous...I know.)

But now...I agree. Even knowing I can't buy another, the 1911 is usually the first thing I notice in a shop. Or in an ad. Or in someone's post.

The one above is gorgeous! 11 out of 10!

21 hours ago, tercel89 said:

One thing I noticed on the tag that was attached to the trigger guard was a tag that read " Semi-finished receiver M9" .
Anyone know what that means ?

Piqued my curiosity too, searching yielded no joy.

Can only think they perhaps can make or have made models with a deeper finish on them?

- OS

On 11/18/2016 at 5:02 PM, tercel89 said:

One thing I noticed on the tag that was attached to the trigger guard was a tag that read " Semi-finished receiver M9" .
Anyone know what that means ?

Was it a factory tag or a tag added by the gun shop? Go to Berettausa.com. There's a section to type your serial number in & find out a lot about your pistol including manufacture date. If it has a special finish their site should tell you about it.

This weekend I'm finally going to get in some more range time with one of my toys. A Beretta 92G Elite with a SGS style compensator made by "Ric" on the Beretta forum. This pistol makes +P feel like high velocity .22lr.

elitecomp_zps0c9f47b8.jpg
elitecomp1_zpsa889d4be.jpg

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, luvmyberetta said:

Was it a factory tag or a tag added by the gun shop? Go to Berettausa.com. There's a section to type your serial number in & find out a lot about your pistol including manufacture date. If it has a special finish their site should tell you about it.

This weekend I'm finally going to get in some more range time with one of my toys. A Beretta 92G Elite with a SGS style compensator made by "Ric" on the Beretta forum. This pistol makes +P feel like high velocity .22lr.

elitecomp_zps0c9f47b8.jpg
elitecomp1_zpsa889d4be.jpg

Can't find it on the page. do you know what section it's in?