A sad sight

With the exception of a few AK's, most of them look like hunting rifles or vintage military rifles, like Mosins or Mausers. Nothing that I would consider a modern fighting rifle. Most of those would have brought in a good price from collectors. Selling all of those guns would probably brought in enough money to feed an entire village for a year or more.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RED333 said:

Ngong, Kenya, on Tuesday, November 15. The pile consisted of confiscated and surrendered firearms that had been stockpiled for almost a decade.

Posted on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/world/gallery/week-in-photos-1118/

First step to slavery, sad.

Kenya, huh? So is this the result of the outgoing US president turning his agenda influence "homeward?" :stir:

hopefully it's all in preparation for his triumphant return...

I'm not really a "birther," but I've played one on TV...:jester:

Edited by tartanphantom
1 hour ago, tartanphantom said:

Kenya, huh? So is this the result of the outgoing US president turning his agenda influence "homeward?" :stir:

hopefully it's all in preparation for his triumphant return...

I'm not really a "birther," but I've played one on TV...:jester:

He should make his presidential library there too.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Pete123 said:

You know, that is a good point @NoBanStan.  Had they cared for those guns, they could have sold the legal ones to a US importer and gotten a lot of money for their people, as another poster said.

I can see the frenzy at S.O.G. or Classic Firearms now.

All jokes aside, lord knows what atrocities those firearms have enacted on their populace over the years. So perhaps I could see why they wouldn't want to make some money off them. Not that it's the firearms fault by any means... 

I suppose you could look at it as wanting to own Lorena Bobbit's knife. Might be a great knife.... but no thanks :)

Those countries have never been known for their intelligence and selling the firearms probably would have only made the War Lords stronger over there. All the money in those countries are in the hands of a few and most villages are starving to death while the War Lords live like kings. I watch those commercials all the time about all of the starving children over there and they recieve zero help from the few in power.

Back many years ago there was this big plan for farmers here to send them corn for planting and American farmers sent tons of corn to the poor villages. Did they plant the corn? No, they ate it. I saw a commercial recently asking for people to donate money to buy a goat for a poor family over there and the family would have fresh milk for the children and the family could sell off any extra milk. I would guess that 95% of the goats sent got ate by the starving families........that is just a guess but  if they ate the corn that they should have planted they would also eat the goat. It is a shame that all those children are starving but you can't help people that don't or won't help themselves...................JMHO

1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

I suppose you could look at it as wanting to own Lorena Bobbit's knife. Might be a great knife.... but no thanks :)

Reminds me of an episode of Two and a Half Men where Jon Cryer's character borrowed Charlie Sheen's hair clippers for his private parts.

He tells Charlie Sheen about it and Charlie is like, 'You can keep them' . It was a lot funnier on the show than it will sound on here.