Specific Black Friday / Cyber Monday assistance

A.J. Holst

I am seeing known name ARs for $500 and less. Wow, just wow.

With all the deals posted in the BF thread in general chat, how cheap could I build one?

Since I've never built an AR, here's what I hope you guys would do...

Post links for the parts I need, externals and internals, blem is Ok. Goal is to build a reliable rifle length AR out of the silly deals out there.

I place myself in your experienced hands.

I would just buy one honestly. It would be hard to build one for any less and at least this way you only have one company to deal with if you need warranty work. Palmetto State isn't known for their exceptional customer service.

I don't know anything about the DPMS, I know Primary Arms has this one as well.

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-am15-with-fixed-front-sight-am15

I have no idea which one is the better rifle.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

Build or buy? RK Guns has a blkfri DPMS Oracle for $469.

Depends on how much you would enjoy building one. I really have a good time putting them together and knowing every detail about it. It also gives me confidence to troubleshoot or fix any issue that creeps up. I can also modify with ease if I decide to change things. Not everyone likes to DIY, though. If you don't think you would really enjoy the process of building one, then I would buy one already together. There are some tools that you'll find yourself needing/wanting if you build one... barrel wrench (cheap), set of punches (cheap), small nylon hammer (cheap), upper receiver vice block, torque wrench, a bench vise.

here's a good set of videos that explains what's involved and how to do it http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/guntechdetail/how_to_build_an_ar-15_video

Edited by Wingshooter