Office Christmas party thread

FortKnox

Well it's that time again when we spend time with co workers outside of work for free food and more importantly, free booze aka the office Christmas party.

So, does anyone have any fun stories of drunken random hookups, drunken fights, or drunken anything. I don't cause I quit going to holiday work parties after 2002 but, I'd love to hear your stories.

It used to get a bit rowdy around here apparently. Our warehouse staff moved to a different location and took the party with them, but I was here for one year of it. Drinking, smoking, all kinds of general merriment last year that I had to watch but not partake in being up at the front of the store. 

This year rumor has it we are getting Popeyes chicken, so while it wont be as fun as watching drunkards arm wrestling over the last slice of pizza, at least it'll be chicken.

• Like 1

When I worked for an aftermarket parts company, the Christmas parties at the warehouse were...interesting, to say the least.

One year at closing time, a group of slightly inebriated body men tried to carry a keg out the back door. Another group had a "lady" they had picked up off the street in a display truck. They had locked the doors and were doing things in the back seat that upset our GM.

Said GM finally stopped the parties when Metro cars were lining up at the exit and picking up guys and gals leaving. 

Edited by hipower

Unit ball in Germany... I was so jacked up I don't remember even leaving to go there, where it was at, or what it was like.  My friends tell me I had a great time though, and the only reason I knew I was there is because I took a bunch of the champagne glasses home.

This was before everyone wanted to post videos of everything online - thank god.

• Like 1

I follow the rule "don't be that guy," when around work related alcohol consumption.

Since I can't afford a CEM (career ending move) I simply practice moderation and watch the free entertainment provided by those guys and girls.

Been on the edge in the past, got too old to post for work the next day.

We got a new VP a few months before the Christmas party a few years ago. He had the "shady used car salesman" vibe down. 

One of my friends was there with his girlfriend (now wife) and the half-drunk married veep started blatantly hitting on her, right in front of him.  Veep says to friend, "you're lucky I'm not 10yrs younger because I'd be all over that." Friend  look veep dead in the eye and says, "you're lucky I'm not 10 yrs younger because I'd break your f-ing nose just for saying that."  Veep just kinda smiled and wandered off. 

A few years before that there was the girl who got sloppy drunk, kept falling out of her dress, puked on the dance floor, and had to be carried off. 

Prior job... engineering department  big boss decides he needs to say something nice about each of his employees (about 30 people) in front of their families, only he's half drunk and totally unprepared.  Not only could he not remember what some of his people did, he also couldn't remember their names.  "Hey there... uh... man... uh... thanks so much for your hard work on ... uh... that ... uh... project you've been busy with... yeah...". It was horrible.  Less than half the people showed up the next year, and they cancelled it after that. 

Edited by peejman
5 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

Look forward to having some of my own stories in a few years. For now I just need to get through the fraternity Christmas party.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Been there...done that, I don't think they will be topped by work parties.  At least mine never were. lol

Worked for a professional tech company out of Harlan Kentucky for a while. They would have a truckload of liquor and have a DJ blasting hardcore rap and rave music to dance to. One of the VPs wife wanted to dance with every guy there after she had a few. And by dance I mean "grind on." Weirdest crap I have ever seen. I should have known it was going to be weird when an IT company was based in Harlan.

Only good thing they did was hire a few 18yos to drive people that were wasted to their hotel room the company provided. I guess they knew what to expect.