CZ P10 Striker Fired

phiferran

1 hour ago, Steelharp said:

If the Canik was available, folks would probably buy it! :rofl:

I would! I really like my TP9sa.

But...I like my Walthers and CZs as well. This trinity has all but benched my Glocks. The only one I even reach for anymore is my G24 for range time. 

• Like 1

I haven't watched any of the reviews yet. I can't buy it right now and I don't want to get the bug.

That being said, has anyone said anything yet about the grip angle? If it's like a Glock, I'm out. I've spent so much time behind CZ and HK that a Glock doesn't point natural.

5 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

I haven't watched any of the reviews yet. I can't buy it right now and I don't want to get the bug.

That being said, has anyone said anything yet about the grip angle? If it's like a Glock, I'm out. I've spent so much time behind CZ and HK that a Glock doesn't point natural.

Grip angle and feel is apparently all CZ, and a natural pointer. If you're a CZ fan, you'll love this one! 

Got the bug yet? :D

Don't take my word for it, watch some of the reviews! :)

I called a dealer that I used to work at back in AL that is unusually good at getting hard to find, high demand items. He said he would let me know as soon as he can order one. 

Sootch announced on Instagram that he is working on a comparison video between the PPQ and the P10c. It's intriguing to hear but he always gives glowing reviews. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

A guy on another forum received a test and evaluation copy and posted this review:

[...BEGIN COPY AND PASTE...]

I had a FDE P10C arrive today. Here my initial impressions

Ok so a brief rundown, I really, really, like this thing. I have handled a ton of striker pistols over the past several years, and this one has really blown me away. It is virtually the same size as my 19, with the backstrap and slide being only slightly longer. The back strap being longer is a good thing, IMO, it fills my palm perfectly. That solves the gripe I have about the g19 grip and it being a tad to abbreviated for me. I can shoot it just fine, but much prefer the extended grip. 

The slide being slightly longer isn't a big deal either, as the added length is in the rear of the P10, and sits over the web of the hand. This no doubt attributes to the reported flat shooting characteristics of the P10. Again the difference isn't much between the P10 and 19, and will be un noticeable when carrying. 

The overall feel of the P10 is something that you will have to try. It is the most naturally feeling handgun I have held, it feels a bit like the VP9, or P30 grip. The texturing on the front and back straps is aggressive, and some will likely find it a bit too much.. This is easily remedied with some fine sandpaper and lightly rubbing it over the texture. I personally like it, and IMO it's nice to have something that is excessive for some, but can be fixed easily, rather than something with out enough grip. The grip itself is quite thin, and it feels it, and that's a good thing. I honestly can't see anyone not liking the way this gun feels. When I present the pistol using a two handed grip with my eyes closed, the sights are on target every time. 

The internals on the P10 look seriously over engineered. Everything you can see looks like it was built for a tank, not a handgun. The trigger bar, and sear is one complete piece, much like the glock. The trigger bars moves rearward, and it reaches a point where it hits a ledge and is pushed down releasing the striker. Yes it function like a glock as the striker is only partially cocked when the slide cycles. Pulling the trigger completes the firing cycle. 

The take up on the trigger is light, and just from dry firing has smooth out considerably since I first tried it. They have achieved this light take up by using dual trigger return springs. From what I can tell as Randy Lee of Apex stated, it appears the trigger weight can be lowered or raised by replacing those two springs. Personally I find the trigger pull perfect. It actually doesn't feel as light as the PPQ, but the break is much cleaner. Again this pistol is new and hasn't been shot. I suspect it will improve with shooting, although I like it as is. There is no overtravel at all, and that lends itself to the front sight staying perfectly still when the striker releases. The reset on this thing is ridiculous. It is the shortest reset I have seen on a striker gun. It is very glock like, very audible and tactile. If you like Glock triggers, your going to love this trigger, hands down. 

The pistol feels very well put together. Nothing rattles, no excessive play anywhere, fitment is very glock like. There are no machine marks anywhere on the slide, inside or out. The finish is very uniformed and dark black. I'm going to try and go out and shoot it a bit tomorrow so I can comment on accuracy, function, and how it tracks with recoil. (I'll give a range report once I shoot it.)

At this point I can honestly say if the P10 is reliable, and as accurate as has been reported, this very well may replace my Glock. I have for a long time jotted down ideas about what I would want in a striker pistol. The P10 is very close to my ideal striker pistol. I can honestly say I can't think of a single thing on here I would change. The only complaint I HAD was the magazine release was a bit difficult, but has smoothed out nicely and is very easy to use now. 

Is the P10 a Glock killer?...it is not likely to kill glock anytime soon, but it could likely cut into glocks market place. I know glock has a huge aftermarket, but there isn't anything the P10 needs other than maybe a set of night sights, and good duty holsters. That being said, if CZ can keep up with demand, and can get these out to more LE departments, they may just give glock a reason to step up their R&D. The P10 stands poised to at least take a bite out of the striker pie, and it may take a big piece. CZ did exactly what I suspected they set out to do....built a better Glock. There is no doubt after handling the P10 that CZ used the Glock as their starting point, and improved on it. Several officers handled the P10 here today and everyone of them said it "feels like a Glock, but better" and "where can I get one of those triggers". 

Only time will tell how it will do long term, but CZ has a pretty good record overall and I see no reason why the P10 will fall short on anything. 

• Like 1

Mine doesn't have a gritty feel to it either. Not sure what he's talking about. And I know I've put well over 1k rounds through my PPQ. Until proven otherwise, I'm still going to say that the PPQ has the best trigger out of the box. Followed closely by the VP9. But, I'm waiting to get a P10c in my hands and to the range. Trying to be patient...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steelharp said:

Watching the PPQ comparison video, it's pretty easy to see that the PPQ he has does not have a trigger nearly as good as they normally are. Mine has zero grit, and is easily as smooth as the CZ trigger. Doesn't seem to be very well informed.

I agree. What little gritty feel mine had was removed by removing the trigger and finding a tiny little hump/burr(?) on the side. Smoothed it out, reinstalled and all is great.

Just saw a distributor is supposed to be shipping them out end of this month to dealers so we're getting closer. I hope CZ will be able to keep up with demand! I thought that they had already been shipping them out to dealers. Maybe some did already and this distributor got a later shipment.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
13 hours ago, JoeCorrado said:

Just saw a distributor is supposed to be shipping them out end of this month to dealers so we're getting closer. I hope CZ will be able to keep up with demand! I thought that they had already been shipping them out to dealers. Maybe some did already and this distributor got a later shipment.

What I've read is that the only things shipped to very select dealers have been T&E (test and evaluation) copies.  CZ intended for this to be available to distributors and dealers after SHOT.

I am pretty sure the only reason we've already seen the M&P M2.0 available is because several national retailers goofed and released the photos of them early, and S&W decided to just capitalize on it and get them out there sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, TGO David said:

What I've read is that the only things shipped to very select dealers have been T&E (test and evaluation) copies.  CZ intended for this to be available to distributors and dealers after SHOT.

I am pretty sure the only reason we've already seen the M&P M2.0 available is because several national retailers goofed and released the photos of them early, and S&W decided to just capitalize on it and get them out there sooner rather than later.

Makes sense. More time for me to save up for it anyhow.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, Steelharp said:

If the Canik was available, folks would probably buy it! :rofl:

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, hipower said:

I would! I really like my TP9sa.

But...I like my Walthers and CZs as well. This trinity has all but benched my Glocks. The only one I even reach for anymore is my G24 for range time. 

Well...I found a Canik TP9 Elite. I said I would and I did.

I bought it. I'll let you know what I think after a range session. Hopefully later this week.

So far, it feels just like the TP9sa, just a bit smaller. The trigger on it isn't quite as good as my TP9sa(yet), I put several hundred rounds thru it so it's not a fair comparison for the 2 yet.

Honestly, the Elite trigger hasn't impressed me as much as the full size TP9 so far. But time will tell.

But I still prefer the PPQ over either of them.

Edited by hipower
  • 2 weeks later...