CZ P10 Striker Fired

phiferran

Hm.  I like CZs metal guns a lot, but haven't really cared  for any of their poly offerings.  If the trigger feels as good as they say, I may be interested.  Curious to see street pricing. I'm at work so I didn't watch the video, if that was mentioned.

Edited by musicman
14 hours ago, musicman said:

Hm.  I like CZs metal guns a lot, but haven't really cared  for any of their poly offerings.  If the trigger feels as good as they say, I may be interested.  Curious to see street pricing. I'm at work so I didn't watch the video, if that was mentioned.

Suggested MSRP of 500. I probably would give it a try. I'm getting less and less in love with my G19. But not being a fan of the P07/09, I'll have to see it.

Also ran into some info on the Canik TP9SF Elite. This one does interest me more.

• Like 2
16 hourhs ago, hipower said:

Suggested MSRP of 500. I probably would give it a try. I'm getting less and less in love with my G19. But not being a fan of the P07/09, I'll have to see it.

Also ran into some info on the Canik TP9SF Elite. This one does interest me more.

YEP , the Canik interests me sooooo much . I just wish they would sell extra parts for them.

5 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

$hit I just sold my G19 to get a Beretta M9 and now this CZ comes out !!!!!!!????? I am a huge CZ fan !

LOL!! I like Beretta. I like their products. But...I never seem to keep one of the 92/96/M9/etc models. I have one left, a Desert Storm Commerative model.

Other than that, I really like several others more.  I had a P07, but just couldn't make myself like it. Don't really know why. So I'm curious about the P10.

But I'm really impressed with the Canik. Would love an Elite. But not at 400+. Not whenI can get another TP9SF for less than 350.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Watching that video reminded me that a lot of gun writers really say and write stupid things.   Such as pointing out the undercut of the P10's trigger guard and saying it's a popular thing that people do to Glocks.  Glocks come with a healthy undercut already!  Sure, people add more, but the Glocks I own came with more of an undercut than the P10 appears to have.

Also such as calling the grip pattern a "grenade pattern".  I guess?  I wouldn't have identified it as the type of pattern that a grenade has.  It looks very Glock Gen4-like.

I do think it was smart to carefully copy the Glock 19/23's dimensions and configuration of the frame forward of the grip to make the P10 fit existing Glock holsters.  I also wonder when Glock will file a lawsuit against them. :)

Edited To Add:   I want one.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
Watching that video reminded me that a lot of gun writers really say and write stupid things.   Such as pointing out the undercut of the P10's trigger guard and saying it's a popular thing that people do to Glocks.  Glocks come with a healthy undercut already!  Sure, people add more, but the Glocks I own came with more of an undercut than the P10 appears to have.
Also such as calling the grip pattern a "grenade pattern".  I guess?  I wouldn't have identified it as the type of pattern that a grenade has.  It looks very Glock Gen4-like.
I do think it was smart to carefully copy the Glock 19/23's dimensions and configuration of the frame forward of the grip to make the P10 fit existing Glock holsters.  I also wonder when Glock will file a lawsuit against them. default_smile.png

Edited To Add:   I want one.

I think I really really want one. I have consolidated down to only Glocks but the CZ P-01 I had still wakes me up from time to time. Does anyone know whether it takes standard 75 Compact magazines or something else? If it takes standard 75 magazines I may get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 11/29/2016 at 11:09 PM, hipower said:

Not a fan???? What's not to like about the omega trigger? I will say however that I feel the 1st gen P-07's trigger feels better. I've had the two side by side, it's almost night and day difference.

Edited by NoBanStan
1 hour ago, CZ9MM said:

I think I really really want one. I have consolidated down to only Glocks but the CZ P-01 I had still wakes me up from time to time. Does anyone know whether it takes standard 75 Compact magazines or something else? If it takes standard 75 magazines I may get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't take 75 mags.  Its in the family with P07 and P09 so shares mags with those two. 

4 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Not a fan???? What's not to like about the omega trigger? I will say however that I feel the 1st gen P-07's trigger feels better. I've had the two side by side, it's almost night and day difference.

I really don't like the looks of the 07, and the feel is all wrong for me. Just me.

20 minutes ago, tmauto769 said:

The 07/09 will take the P10 mags, but not the other way around, there is a cut in the P10 mags that the 07/09 mags don't have. The guy on the MAC channel said they will start making all of them with the cut in the future.

Thats unfortunate.  They advertised heavily that it is the "same magazine family" which to me means same mags.  And I haven't watched the MAC video.  His opinion is garbage to me at this point so I'm not wasting 20 minutes. 

From the photos I've seen, I think they did a lot of things right with this one.  I will definitely be getting one, at some point.  

I like the P07 and P09, and I'm probably in the minority because I prefer them to the -75 and SP-01.   Though I agree that the DA trigger on the second gen P07s was a step backward -- I had a Gen 1 P07 that was ridiculously accurate and the trigger was considerably better.

I've had some luck with CZ75s by simply dropping in a Beretta "D" hammer spring, and I'm going to see if the same thing will work on the P07/P09.   I don't feel like spending $200 with CGW just to lighten the DA pull. 

The Guns & Ammo article on the P10 brought to light an interesting point. In the traditional trigger, the trigger bar ran on both sides of the frame, allowing an even distribution of force straight back. The Omega trigger changed that by only running on one side of the frame, causing more friction due to the uneven distribution of force backwards, apparently making the trigger pull less smooth (so I heard, I don't have first hand experience with an Omage trigger). Apparently CZ realized that and the trigger in the P10 is running on both sides of the frame again. Maybe it was necessary to provide for proper engagement with the striker, but I have the feeling that the reportedly smooth trigger pull of the P10 is a directly result of that change back to the original trigger bar, not the Omega trigger.

6 hours ago, ken_mays said:

From the photos I've seen, I think they did a lot of things right with this one.  I will definitely be getting one, at some point.  

I like the P07 and P09, and I'm probably in the minority because I prefer them to the -75 and SP-01.   Though I agree that the DA trigger on the second gen P07s was a step backward -- I had a Gen 1 P07 that was ridiculously accurate and the trigger was considerably better.

I've had some luck with CZ75s by simply dropping in a Beretta "D" hammer spring, and I'm going to see if the same thing will work on the P07/P09.   I don't feel like spending $200 with CGW just to lighten the DA pull. 

You're going to lighten to Gen 1 P-07 DA pull? It's already like 6 pounds!

It's my EDC and sometimes I fear it's not heavy enough, especially in SA. I've double tapped it a few times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The more I read about this handgun and the more videos that I see featuring it in the hands of test and evaluation reviewers, the more interested I become.  Actually, I am very interested in getting my hands on one of them and trying it out.  I have funds squirreled away to purchase one when they land in stores, if they feel as good in the hand as everyone is saying they do.

This is the most recent review I have seen on YouTube and of note is a comment that the reviewer made that this gun yielded faster, more accurate shooting in the hands of several other shooters who all have Glock 19s as their every-day carry.