CZ P10 Striker Fired

phiferran

• Administrator

The latest review video from Military Arms Channel, posted today.  He claims they are arriving at distributors now and should start being available in stores around the first of the year.

This video compares one that was sourced here in the states, so it should be identical to what you and I can buy.  He admits the trigger feels slightly different than the ones they fired in the Czech Republic but not in a bad way.  He also shows how the P-10C fits a pair of kydex holsters made for the Glock 19.

I am still very interested in one of these.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Boy, I hope they at least sent Glock a Christmas card :)

Looking forward to seeing some reviews from our members on this one.

I am more than a little surprised at the fact that Glock hasn't come out swinging on this one.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:48 AM, TGO David said:

Literally every defensive handgun class I have ever taken teaches you to manipulate the slide release with an overhand (aka "saddle") grip from your support hand once a fresh mag has been inserted.  They don't teach you to rely on the slide release lever or this so-called auto forward stuff.  Basically you want to make it fool-proof and integrate it into your overall system of shooting, consistently, no matter what handgun you are using.

To date, it's never failed me.  I can see where expecting a slide to auto-forward could cause problems if you were under stress and it didn't do what you were expecting it to do.  Nothing's louder than silence when you're expecting your gun to go bang, or vice versa. :)

Well... no pistol is reliable until you run it enough to gain confidence. An accidental auto forward isn't something I would rely on without a lot if testing. But, a feature that is engineered into the gun is a whole nuther animal. So, I don't see anything wrong with using something that is designed into the feature set, and is supposed to work every time. It's similar to a bad lever, in my view.

You can only get so consistent when you own striker guns, 1911's, and some wheel guns. I get it, but would probably STILL use the feature.

Edited by mikegideon
Replied to the wrong post. Fixed

The M&P is almost famous for its 'auto-forward'.  I use mine routinely for IDPA and prefer hitting the slide lock IF it does not go forward automatically.  Hand wise it is more convenient.  I also know  that occasionally it fails to pick up a round....more of an exception.  Which of course requires the usual slide manipulation.  Even so, it is not a big deal one way or the other.

11 minutes ago, chances R said:

The M&P is almost famous for its 'auto-forward'.  I use mine routinely for IDPA and prefer hitting the slide lock IF it does not go forward automatically.  Hand wise it is more convenient.  I also know  that occasionally it fails to pick up a round....more of an exception.  Which of course requires the usual slide manipulation.  Even so, it is not a big deal one way or the other.

But, it's accidental when an M&P "auto forwards", right. Been a long time since I had one of those guns. As I recall, it was something that just happens, and isn't a bad thing when it does. 

3 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Improving on Perfection!

Jeez a direct hit on Glock plus fits in Glock holsters.

I wonder if they have stepped on Glock a little too much and how Glock will react.

Good to see the competition in this segment get a little more tight and having more options.

A patent only lasts 17 years (in the US). I'm betting Glock can't touch them, since most Glock features have already been reduced to industry practice by several other manufacturers. 

Y'all may recall when Motorola owned all the flip phone patents. As soon as those patents expired, Motorola's cell phone coolness wound up in a bunch of competing phones

7 hours ago, mikegideon said:

But, it's accidental when an M&P "auto forwards", right. Been a long time since I had one of those guns. As I recall, it was something that just happens, and isn't a bad thing when it does. 

Correct and not predictable.  That is why I generally use the slide lock release as it is less cumbersome than starting to reach over for the slide and it has already released.

From what I can tell so far it seems it definitely has some advantages and disadvantages when compared to the G19. It sounds like it may have a better trigger, sights, and texturing. Arguably better ergonomics overall. The downsides from what I can tell are that it is taller and wider than the G19, at least from what that last video showed. I'd be curious how hard it is to detail strip. It's also 3 ounces heavier than the Glock. 

I think MAC said it best at the end of the video. "If you are looking for a 9mm handgun that blows away the competition, that isn't going to happen. It's simply going to boil down to personal preference."

It would be hard for me to change carry guns at this point unless I'm just that impressed with something else. That being said, it looks like CZ may have hit a home run with this one and I'm sure it will see like crazy. Like I said a few weeks ago, we still need more data but all info so far has been positive. It will be fun to see more reviews and first hand reports from some of the members here. 

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

From what I can tell so far it seems it definitely has some advantages and disadvantages when compared to the G19. It sounds like it may have a better trigger, sights, and texturing. Arguably better ergonomics overall. The downsides from what I can tell are that it is taller and wider than the G19, at least from what that last video showed. I'd be curious how hard it is to detail strip. It's also 3 ounces heavier than the Glock. 

I think MAC said it best at the end of the video. "If you are looking for a 9mm handgun that blows away the competition, that isn't going to happen. It's simply going to boil down to personal preference."

It would be hard for me to change carry guns at this point unless I'm just that impressed with something else. That being said, it looks like CZ may have hit a home run with this one and I'm sure it will see like crazy. Like I said a few weeks ago, we still need more data but all info so far has been positive. It will be fun to see more reviews and first hand reports from some of the members here. 

There are no giant leaps. I shot 100% on my permit test (nothing to brag about) with my model 59 S&W. It's the same size as the G19, and has the same capacity. I bought it in the late 70's, and wouldn't be afraid to carry it today.

The CZ isn't going to be more reliable than the G19, or more accurate. Some may just like it better. A better trigger means a whole lot to some folks.

• Like 2

I see it as if you are happy with your Glock then it will not affect you but if you need to fit the Glock to you then it may be the one to have.

Still have to wait and see real world results.

At the price point and tweaks it will probably sell very well.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I really like Sootch but that guy has never done a negative review in his life. Literally every piece of equipment or gun he reviews is "outstanding".

There's a lot of so-called reviewers in that boat, unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, TGO David said:

There's a lot of so-called reviewers in that boat, unfortunately.

If I need a pistol review, I will usually check Hickok first. He's generally fair, and a really good shooter. But, when it comes down to it, opinions are... Best off wrapping your own hands around the gun. It only has to please one person.

• Like 1