Wife took my .45!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Pepper

Yeah. I want a .45 too. Would it be absurd to have your carry gun be a .45? I mean, would you be accused of being bloodthirsty if you actually had to use it to defend yourself? I've heard that juries are tough about large caliber bullets.

I, too, like guns that say, "Go ahead, make my day."

I've tried to get my wife to take her class for a year and she kept putting it off but saying she would go "one day". Last month, she came in after a dinner with the girls from her work (Mother's day out teacher at a church.) and told me she wanted to go to the "Women only" class at Range USA on the 10th. Some of the other women that work with her had signed up for that class and it gave her the motivation to go. (I signed her up the next day before she could change her mind.) She's asking a lot of questions now and I'm digging it!

Thats what did it. My wife took the Womens class, did wonders for her attitude towards shooting. She has since taken their intermediate, advanced, level 1, 2 and is going to take the level 3. Did Kristen teach the class? She has a sweet Wilson Combat.

Guest bkelm18
Yeah. I want a .45 too. Would it be absurd to have your carry gun be a .45? I mean, would you be accused of being bloodthirsty if you actually had to use it to defend yourself? I've heard that juries are tough about large caliber bullets.

I, too, like guns that say, "Go ahead, make my day."

I'd say a very large percentage of people who carry a gun carry a .45.

Thats what did it. My wife took the Womens class, did wonders for her attitude towards shooting. She has since taken their intermediate, advanced, level 1, 2 and is going to take the level 3. Did Kristen teach the class? She has a sweet Wilson Combat.

Kristen did teach the class. Kristen also taught the youth class that I took my 10 year old to back in December. She is an excellent instructor!

She also helped out a lot when I bought my XD 45 there at Range USA.

She exemplifies the quality people you find at Range USA.

Kristen did teach the class. Kristen also taught the youth class that I took my 10 year old to back in December. She is an excellent instructor!

She also helped out a lot when I bought my XD 45 there at Range USA.

She exemplifies the quality people you find at Range USA.

Couldn't agree more.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MinorKey

My wife (USMC SSGT) loves her Taurus 1911 (that used to be mine) she says the Govt. Colt was too skinny and the Polymers were all too fat. That girl is a machine on the range. (perhaps the training, but she only ever shot the 9mm Beretta in the Corps.) She is far and away more accurate than I at the 25Meter targets. (rarely misses a 5-6 inch circle target) She says women are better shooters on average because they are attentive to the male teachers with no preconcieved notions.

What do Y'all think of THAT theory?

-MK

• 9 months later...

I learned to shoot with a 1911 .45(about age 8) and actually have little interest in even shooting a smaller caliber. I bought a Beretta PX4 storm in .45 then decided I wanted a 1911 model so I bought my Kimber Pro Carry II in a .45. My husband has a Sig .40 and Sig.380 and while they are nice, nothing makes me feel safer than knowing what a .45 can and will do for me.