Finally saying Hi

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Raoul said:

About time neighbor. I'm in Bristol myself.

Now you just need to jump on into the conversation. This is about as good of an anonymous group as you'll find.

Glad to meet you Raoul. I work in Blountville, ,so I am in Bristol a bunch. I started looking on here in the classifieds section. That page made me think everyone is in Nashville on here. lol Many people on here that you know from the area?

13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Glad to see another NE TN member. I'm south of Jonesborough a bit. 

Thanks.

Yeah like I said to Raoul, when I first started watching the classifieds, I would have sworn most of the people were from Nashville.  Seems like their are several of us from the Tricities area hanging around here.

Looks like you might be a keyboard jockey like me. What model truck is that in the background of your profile page? I have a 1956 Chevy Stepside that I have been trying to get started on fixing up. 

I think the Nashville illusion is they keep selling what they buy, we keep what we buy :-) I have bought 3 guns off the forum so far and they were all from middle TN.

Yea I spent a lot of time on the keyboard before I retired and probably still spend too much. The truck is a 1950 Ford F1, I also have a couple of Crosleys. I know the feeling on the getting started, my 49 Crosley has been next Winter's project for several decades now.

18 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

I think the Nashville illusion is they keep selling what they buy, we keep what we buy :-) I have bought 3 guns off the forum so far and they were all from middle TN.

Yea I spent a lot of time on the keyboard before I retired and probably still spend too much. The truck is a 1950 Ford F1, I also have a couple of Crosleys. I know the feeling on the getting started, my 49 Crosley has been next Winter's project for several decades now.

Maybe that is it. My travel is limited by schedule, so that makes a meet hard. When I am down that way work or family is involved and both preclude picking up a gun. Did you buy them shipped, or drive to get them? My budget is so thin that when I do get a a new gun, it is going no where but to the range. Always was the same in my family growing up, guns came in but they never left.

Nice one. Yeah it always seems like something or other takes the time or money away. I grew up in the '56, so I want my son to get to ride in it too. Hopefully he is not old enough to drive it before he does. lol

5 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Maybe that is it. My travel is limited by schedule, so that makes a meet hard. When I am down that way work or family is involved and both preclude picking up a gun. Did you buy them shipped, or drive to get them? My budget is so thin that when I do get a a new gun, it is going no where but to the range. Always was the same in my family growing up, guns came in but they never left.

Nice one. Yeah it always seems like something or other takes the time or money away. I grew up in the '56, so I want my son to get to ride in it too. Hopefully he is not old enough to drive it before he does. lol

2 long guns shipped, one hand gun we met in the parking lot at Bud's in Sevierville. 

My 49 Crosley, that has been waiting, I bought when I was 13 (long time ago) and rebuilt and drove in High School, it is waiting for it's 3rd mechanical rebuild.

4 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

2 long guns shipped, one hand gun we met in the parking lot at Bud's in Sevierville. 

My 49 Crosley, that has been waiting, I bought when I was 13 (long time ago) and rebuilt and drove in High School, it is waiting for it's 3rd mechanical rebuild.

Ok. I did not know how people were about shipping here.

Sounds like a lot of good miles and memories. Cars wise I am a little short on ability. I just never got dug in under the hood. Dad always wanted me to focus on school. He just wanted something better for me. So I will have to enlist some labor. That makes the redo a lot more costly. Of course I do not want to screw it up. Except for the bench seat and radio, i think I have all the original parts. Still an inline 6 with 3 on the tree. 

Some sellers will ship and some will not.

Depending on how much you want to farm out on the 56, I know a guy in Unicoi that does as little or as  much as the customer wants. He does not do high end restorations just very nice drivers. He did the king pins on the 50 F1, I just didn't want the hassle. He has all the tools and a paint booth. If you want the contact info send me a private message.

4 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Some sellers will ship and some will not.

Depending on how much you want to farm out on the 56, I know a guy in Unicoi that does as little or as  much as the customer wants. He does not do high end restorations just very nice drivers. He did the king pins on the 50 F1, I just didn't want the hassle. He has all the tools and a paint booth. If you want the contact info send me a private message.

I will keep that in mind. I have a buddy that gave me a name, but I have not tried to check out his work yet. Nice to have options because some guys get really backed up.