Trading Advice

Ronald_55

I am trying to expand my firearms collection. I grew up shooting, but was out of it for years due to family, money, schedule, etc. So I restarted small and the budget is thin. It is going slow. Not many people I deal with on a daily basis trade guns. Most of them have a much more liquid budget and just buy them. Then they rarely ever get rid of one. 

So anyone got any tips on trading other things for guns? Gun parts, optics, electronics, gift cards.. I have built up some stuff that I am not currently using and it might be nicer to trade than sell. The bills always get paid, but still extra cash just seems to disappear into the household spending before I use it. I see people posting stuff like this sometimes on places like Armslist (don't really like that place) but it is hard to know if anyone ever gets with them. Plus a lot of FT ads are looking for specific gun to gun trades.

I just wanted to throw it out there for comment. In no way is this an ad. I just wanted to see if I should even bother before I spent the money on a premium membership so that I can post and respond to ads here. Plus I don't want to offend anyone here if everyone thinks that is crap.

So what is the etiquette and your guys opinion on it?

Thanks

My opinion is to get the Benefactor membership for 6 months. It's only $20. Then make up some "Want to Trade" ads and see what happens. You'll either be surprised at the positive response and end up with some new-to-you firearms, or at worst you'll be out $20 that helped keep this site going.

• Like 2

You won't find a better group of guys/gals to deal with than those on this site. I've met dozens of members and purchased multiple things and every single transaction has been stellar. I'm currently pondering a lifetime benefactor membership solely to support the site.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

My opinion is to get the Benefactor membership for 6 months. It's only $20. Then make up some "Want to Trade" ads and see what happens. You'll either be surprised at the positive response and end up with some new-to-you firearms, or at worst you'll be out $20 that helped keep this site going.

Thanks, That had been the way I was leaning. Just checking because I mentioned it to someone outside of here about doing a trade and they acted like I had a second head. 

I just wish I had bought some guns back when I had more cash and you could get things like Enfields for $75. Hindsight

24 minutes ago, 2.ooohhh said:

You won't find a better group of guys/gals to deal with than those on this site. I've met dozens of members and purchased multiple things and every single transaction has been stellar. I'm currently pondering a lifetime benefactor membership solely to support the site.

Yeah I am already liking the vibe here better than several other places I have tried. 

• Like 1

We're like our own Freecycle sometimes.  :)

Tony Bates Ford in Lebanon may "trade for anything that don't eat", but I'm not sure some TGOers have that limitation. I know I've been surprised by some of the things tossed around on the Trading Post. The sex swing was probably the best.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I bit the bullet and paid for one. Thanks. Got to gather a list of items and get an ad up.