HPA / 2A and 2A accessories

Old news probably, but I found this interesting, sure would be nice to get he Hearing Protection Act passed, I'm sure it's a big stretch and would take a lot to pass but if this guy has a direct line to the President then that is a good step for me at least.  To me, suppressors are one of the biggest shining examples of government bs there is that directly affects us.

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/09/25/trump-jr-interview/

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TomUT07 said:

I'm sure it's a big stretch and would take a lot to pass

With a Republican congress and President it's an easy thing legislative wise.  At this point it's all about where this would fall in the order of priorities for the new government.  Politically, the most opportune time for this is early on in 2018, so that Democrats up for re-election in "red" states have to decide where they want the benefit/damage to be...primary or general. 

The only issues would be the debate on whether or not cans become a standard FFL item that require a background check (I can live with that), and where the line is if any people who have cut checks to ATF get a refund.

1 minute ago, TomUT07 said:

I agree, I am all for them being a regular FFL item and can for sure live with that.  I am just excited that it seems maybe we can be on offense for awhile hopefully.  

Looking forward to what's to come.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic on this one.  If there isn't anything complete by the 2018 midterm elections, we'll have a good idea how much the expansion of gun rights is prioritized with the new administration and congress.

57 minutes ago, btq96r said:

The only issues would be the debate on whether or not cans become a standard FFL item that require a background check (I can live with that), and where the line is if any people who have cut checks to ATF get a refund.

Well, if the present bill is simply resubmitted with date changes, both issues are already spelled out, so don't see likelihood of much debate, either the majority leaders of both chambers get behind it or they don't.

The existing bill does not change the definition of "firearm" in US 18 921, so a silencer would remain one. The original push felt it was a bridge too far to actually try to make them just normal consumer items, probably that won't change.

- OS

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...