Too much money too much time too few brains. Truck lovers may not want to watch.

bubbiesdad

22 hours ago, ArmyBrat61 said:

Insurance don't cover stupid........

You'd think that someone who did any amount of off road driving would have enough sense to realize doing a jump like that's just going to tear up a factory stock truck, SUV or Jeep type vehicle. That kind of stuff tears up custom off road vehicles too requiring constant rebuilds or repair.

7 minutes ago, TNWNGR said:

You'd think that someone who did any amount of off road driving would have enough sense to realize doing a jump like that's just going to tear up a factory stock truck, SUV or Jeep type vehicle. That kind of stuff tears up custom off road vehicles too requiring constant rebuilds or repair.

As said above, sometime logic is replaced by confidence when alcohol is mixed in.

9 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

That truck also costs a crap load. Gonna be an expensive rebuild. lol

It doesn't cost that much $60k, I'll bet it got totaled, I know people in Ca that bought brand new Raptors, cut the frame at the end of the cab, installed a tubed 4 link prerunner set up, redid front suspension, roll bars, tuned it for more HP, etc, by the time they were done they would have $150k in it, then do what that guy was attempting with no issues..

Just now, Johnny Rotten said:

It doesn't cost that much $60k, I'll bet it got totaled, I know people in Ca that bought brand new Raptors, cut the frame at the end of the cab, installed a tubed 4 link prerunner set up, redid front suspension, roll bars, tuned it for more HP, etc, by the time they were done they would have $150k in it, then do what that guy was attempting with no issues..

Our definition of the sum of money that constitutes a lot for a vehicle differs. And those people in CA must have a surplus of currency sitting around they want to burn through quick.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

$150k is a bunch, $60k is a bunch too.  Guess it's a matter of perspective.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, FreedomGunCo said:

That was a guy out in his Dad's Raptor IIRC  A guy local to me knows the driver.

The video is 3 years old and looks like the truck had a Texas registration.  I wonder if the kid is still making payments to his dad for that few seconds of hey y'all watch this?

Just now, MP5_Rizzo said:

The video is 3 years old and looks like the truck had a Texas registration.  I wonder if the kid is still making payments to his dad for that few seconds of hey y'all watch this?

From what I was told they fixed the truck and did it again successfully.  I had a Raptor at the time and thats what brought up the whole conversation. 

4 hours ago, FreedomGunCo said:

From what I was told they fixed the truck and did it again successfully.  I had a Raptor at the time and thats what brought up the whole conversation. 

I tried to find the successful jump but apparently it was not documented.  I did find this story with similarities of a less than ideal jump followed by a rebuild and then a successful jump but obviously not the same truck.

http://thegrizzled.com/the-right-way-to-jump-a-new-ford-raptor/

Edited by MP5_Rizzo