Hallmark Channel Christmas movies

gun sane

Trying to get into the Spirit of Christmas? Don't look for smarmy TV movies to find the real "reason for the season." The wife has been gorging on the Hallmark Channel's yuletide offering lately and here's the synopsis of one that was on tonight:

"As the Christmas holiday draws near, a veterinary student and a stray cat challenge a fireman's commitment to life as a bachelor."  :shake:

• Like 1

Ok, I'll admit to it. I watch them with my wife. That's all.

(Actually, some of them aren't too bad. Most have the same general plot line, and the others usually parrot some version of A Christmas Carol or It's a Wonderful Life. But it does this old man good to see something wholesome now and then.)

• Like 3

My parents watch the Hallmark ones. I watched what felt like one 17 hour mind number. Come to find out it was actually 2 different movies and only lasted about 4 hours.

I managed to suppress most of the memories so far, but cheap gin, diet mountain dew and children's cough syrup will only numb pain for so long. 

I do seem to recall a few things, Shirley MacLaine and some other lady were angels, but people could see the other lady, but not Shirley. Some dude kissed the other one, which was gross since she died pretty early on in the movie and way before they locked tongues anyway.

Shirley said she spies on her still living husband and uses angel powers to keep the women in his apartment building away from him. She wants to see him lonely. He probably pushed her down the stairs.

I love the holidays.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

My wife watches them. I'd rather have a root canal.

Aw come on...they aren't that bad. lol Besides...you can build up brownie points for being a good guy and not only letting her watch peacefully, but joining in and being a good caring and understanding husband and showing a little emotion and your lady-side to her.

1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

My parents watch the Hallmark ones. I watched what felt like one 17 hour mind number. Come to find out it was actually 2 different movies and only lasted about 4 hours.

I managed to suppress most of the memories so far, but cheap gin, diet mountain dew and children's cough syrup will only numb pain for so long. 

I do seem to recall a few things, Shirley MacLaine and some other lady were angels, but people could see the other lady, but not Shirley. Some dude kissed the other one, which was gross since she died pretty early on in the movie and way before they locked tongues anyway.

Shirley said she spies on her still living husband and uses angel powers to keep the women in his apartment building away from him. She wants to see him lonely. He probably pushed her down the stairs.

I love the holidays.

See...that sounds like a good one!

3 minutes ago, hipower said:

Aw come on...they aren't that bad. lol Besides...you can build up brownie points for being a good guy and not only letting her watch peacefully, but joining in and being a good caring and understanding husband and showing a little emotion and your lady-side to her.

The only side mine wants to see is my back leaving the room, but that could be about more than Christmas movies.

1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

I love the holidays.

Mmmm... robitussin. Makes roller coasters at Six Flags WAY more entertaining. So I'm told. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hipower said:

I've been married for better than 20 years. She knows me better than that.:)

Holy crap. I just saw a Henry Rifle commercial on TV.

Oops, sorry. About those Christmas specials. Sometimes it's wise to just let them be on TV and not comment on them. And keep a laptop handy. Any woman that would puts up with some of us guys probably deserves to watch whatever she wants without any comment.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Oops, sorry. About those Christmas specials. Sometimes it's wise to just let them be on TV and not comment on them. And keep a laptop handy. Any woman that would puts up with some of us guys probably deserves to watch whatever she wants without any comment.

Speaking of our women, gun ads, and Christmas...

tumblr_ohpw5drp3Q1u0ka6jo1_500.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, hipower said:

Yeah, I've beaten my swords into plowshares to preserve marital peace, too.  But I still maintain a pocket knife at DEFCON 3.....or is it 4?

Dang.....

Those movies are great!  I get multiple stints of 2-3 hours uninterrupted at the reloading press while she's snuggled up in her blankets watching that crap.  Winter is when I load up all the ammo I shoot all summer!

It worked out just perfect this year... shot the last of my plinking .40 and 44mag about a month ago... right around when I started loading again for the fall/winter.  :-)

2 hours ago, Raoul said:

Now you're getting it!

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
8 hours ago, hipower said:

1ffmnq.jpg

Trying to get into the Spirit of Christmas? Don't look for smarmy TV movies to find the real "reason for the season." The wife has been gorging on the Hallmark Channel's yuletide offering lately and here's the synopsis of one that was on tonight:

"As the Christmas holiday draws near, a veterinary student and a stray cat challenge a fireman's commitment to life as a bachelor."  default_shake.gif

My wife DVR's these cheesy movies and watches them throughout the year. I know exactly what movie you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason anyone guy would do this is to get laid :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk