Odd sighting at BNA

10-Ring

13 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

Just went through security at BNA.  walking out of the security area and there is a BNA cop just standing there with an AR-15.  The only problem that I have with this is that I can't take mine.  Just thought it was a bit odd.

But he is a "Trained Professional" and well you are just nobody to the TSA. Even if you have twice as many years training as him. Funny how they let things work out.

Edited by Ronald_55
Just went through security at BNA.  walking out of the security area and there is a BNA cop just standing there with an AR-15.  The only problem that I have with this is that I can't take mine.  Just thought it was a bit odd.

I don't find it odd. I find it encouraging. At least they show they recognize there is a threat now.

I hate to say it, but I am against the general public being able to take guns on a plane. Too many morons already carrying guns. At least when they shoot themselves or someone next to them now they can't take down an entire plane.

You can check a gun, that is good enough for me. The guy carrying the AR wasn't TSA for sure.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

I don't have near as much issue not being able to carry on a plane as I do not being able to carry when I land in Chicago.  Only thugs can carry there.

I found a solution to that problem.....I haven't been near Chicago since 1980 :D

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

My dad flew out of BNA back in October and said the same thing. I'm guessing it is SOP at this point.

I have flown out of Knoxville, Denver, and San Diego recently and haven't seen any long guns that I can remember.

Last I flew out of there (BNA) in July and noticed a few.

1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

I don't find it odd. I find it encouraging. At least they show they recognize there is a threat now.

I hate to say it, but I am against the general public being able to take guns on a plane. Too many morons already carrying guns. At least when they shoot themselves or someone next to them now they can't take down an entire plane.

You can check a gun, that is good enough for me. The guy carrying the AR wasn't TSA for sure.

Exactly!

And for the encouraging thing; when I steppe doff the plane for the first time in Germany, the first thing off the walkway was three German Polizei, MP5's strapped to them and one with some kind of a Shepard.  The 6' tall blonde in uniform didn't hurt the eyes either.  Anyways... That's what our airports should be like, show of force.  It works, ask Israel. 

• Like 3
On 12/5/2016 at 6:11 PM, Sam1 said:

Exactly!

And for the encouraging thing; when I steppe doff the plane for the first time in Germany, the first thing off the walkway was three German Polizei, MP5's strapped to them and one with some kind of a Shepard.  The 6' tall blonde in uniform didn't hurt the eyes either.  Anyways... That's what our airports should be like, show of force.  It works, ask Israel. 

Me too!  At Frankfurt  airport in the 70's  the sub machine guns stood out a little, as did the German Shepherd dog inside the terminal.  It does show ya take terror seriously though.  Another thing the Germans did back then  was publish wanted posters of  terrorists with  pictures of multiple terrorists on one poster.   Once they killed a terrorist, they republished the poster, but rather than remove the killed guys picture they just drew a red x on his picture, lol.

• Like 4
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:19 PM, Hozzie said:

Airlines are not government entities, they are private businesses  therefore they can set their own rules for using their service such as no firearms in the cabin. Ever read your ticket and the "agreement" that is set forth when you purchase a ticket?  You have absolutely no rights when you are on board and the captain is THE ABSOLUTE authority.  That said I have to agree that a show of force is the way to go for security. I quit flying and will not get on another airliner in my life if I don't have to and I have my private pilots license though I have not flown in a very long time.