How many times......

Parrothead

I solved that problem 20+ years ago, never sell, never trade away.  Just add, add some more, add more.............Seriously, when I was in the  gun biz, many of men said they wished that had something back, so I listened, and still have all of my early guns, my guns from 10 years ago, and the past. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, runco said:

I solved that problem 20+ years ago, never sell, never trade away.  Just add, add some more, add more.............Seriously, when I was in the  gun biz, many of men said they wished that had something back, so I listened, and still have all of my early guns, my guns from 10 years ago, and the past. 

Same mentality here. Easier for me to keep the ones I have had a while though. They are family guns. I just keep adding whenever I can. Hard enough to get them, I am not letting them go. lol

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Same mentality here. Easier for me to keep the ones I have had a while though. They are family guns. I just keep adding whenever I can. Hard enough to get them, I am not letting them go. lol

I agree on family stuff or even models that aren't in production anymore. I have a "core" set of guns that i will never sale or trade. These include family guns, my main carry gun, home defense gun and defensive rifle. These aren't going anywhere. It's the "other" guns that fill a niche that seem to get sold and traded. I don't sale or trade anything that i can't go buy off the shelf the next day if i wanted--modern production arms. But, it seems i've bought a few of these more than once....

2 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Have you bought the same model of gun that you previously sold? It's happened here a couple times and i'm about to pull the trigger on another LCP and LCR--both of which I've owned previously. Tell me I'm not the only one......

I only have one modern handgun that I have bought, sold, and bought again.  That was a Glock 30.  Honestly, I think I was right the first go round and will probably sell the one I have now.  Great handgun, but just too bulky to carry for me.  

However, there have been a number of guns that I sold in my younger days that I wish I had back, and nearly all of them either I can't find or can't find at a price that I am willing to pay.  

I won't sell family guns, unless it is to another family member that I know will respect the bond.  

10 hours ago, Parrothead said:

Have you bought the same model of gun that you previously sold? It's happened here a couple times and i'm about to pull the trigger on another LCP and LCR--both of which I've owned previously. Tell me I'm not the only one......

I rarely ever sell a gun, so I haven't had to worry about purchasing another of the same model.  I've failed to purchase some that I would like to have and not had a second opportunity to buy.

• Like 1

I have kept a running inventory of the guns that have passed thru my hands over the years.  Several Colt revolvers I would love to have back, several Browning shotguns and one Winchester Model 12. It saddens me really. 

But as far as selling and buying back I did that too with a pricey S&W revolver.

You are not alone!

I've done that with the G17 and G19.  When I don't have one, I find myself (theoretically) missing the wide variety of aftermarket support and other common benefits.  Then when I buy one, I realize I hate shooting them.  I compromised by getting rid of the G19, keeping the G17 around, removing the finger grooves and installing a traditionally rifled barrel.  I still don't shoot it very much but at least I can keep it around to scratch that occasional itch.

I just bought my 3rd LCP.    An LCP is really nice to have around as a "workout" carry.  This time I bought the LCP II which has a completely different trigger.  If you are coming from a striker-fired gun, I think you are far less likely to "short-stroke" the trigger with the short reset of the LCP II.  If you regularly shoot revolvers, it may not be worth the price difference.

Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 1

Once. 

My my first handgun was a G17, went strictly to 1911's for a few years and have been back in the Glock fold about a year. Anyways, I picked up my 17 after a couple years and couldn't shoot it worth a damn. Gen 4 changed that. Back up to 4 now