Updated EDC Flashlights

This is a good time of year to get good prices on flashlights. I have had the Fenix PD for a year. Great light 2x123 and 1000 lumens.

i added an OLight and Nitecore to the collection, both 1x123. The little OLight is rated at 500 lumens. I like these newer lights with buttons on the sides. These came from Battery Junction. The Fenix I think I got from Fenix Outfitters. 

3992_zpsvqsxdtim.jpg

3991_zpsnrznltzd.jpg

I also picked up a Black Diamond headlamp 200l from Eastern Mountain Sports. 

Edited by DAdams
Add photos
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro that I really like. $20 on Amazon. It claims 90 lumens, but I would swear it is more. I carry it as edc, and never know it is there.

2016-12-09 08.35.45.jpg

Lots of our inspectors at work have these. They're really good, but eat batteries at a pretty high rate.  I'd like to get one of the single AAA versions of it. 

• Like 1

For EDC, I've started carrying the SureFire Sidekick on my key chain. It's tiny, rechargeable and quite bright. Not a tactical light by any means. The light is more of a flood light instead of a tight spot, but it's very bright on it's highest setting and I always have it in my pocket. Since I got it, it sees far more use than any of my other lights.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Sidekick-300-Lumen-Ultra-Compact-Triple-Output/dp/B0177H4S5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481293522&sr=8-1&keywords=surefire+keychain+flashlight

22 minutes ago, peejman said:

Lots of our inspectors at work have these. They're really good, but eat batteries at a pretty high rate.  I'd like to get one of the single AAA versions of it. 

I have had this about a year and not swapped batteries. They make a USB rechargeable version too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

I have had this about a year and not swapped batteries. They make a USB rechargeable version too.

They get used a lot here, hours per day 5 days/week.  So for more "normal use", the batteries probably would last a while. 

• Like 1
On 12/9/2016 at 11:08 AM, peejman said:

They get used a lot here, hours per day 5 days/week.  So for more "normal use", the batteries probably would last a while. 

After me saying mine was great, I had to work on it the other night. lol. Nothing big, just carrying it in my pocket is rough on the switch.

This is my first post in a VERY long time.  Good to be back.

I have been carrying this light for about 6 months now every day and I love it.  Well made, doesn't eat the one battery is has, although I only ever use it on the low and mid settings.  They do say on high it only has a 30 minute run time, but what can you expect from one AAA battery.  I love it, and for the price, it cannot be beat. 

https://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Ti3-Max120-Lumens-Flashlight/dp/B00LUO028U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481564881&sr=8-1&keywords=thrunite+ti3

51308ICC1XL._SL1001_.jpg

Edited by memphismason
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, memphismason said:

I have been carrying this light for about 6 months now every day and I love it.  Well made, doesn't eat the one battery is has, although I only ever use it on the low and mid settings.  They do say on high it only has a 30 minute run time, but what can you expect from one AAA battery.  I love it, and for the price, it cannot be beat. 

https://www.amazon.com/ThruNite-Ti3-Max120-Lumens-Flashlight/dp/B00LUO028U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481564881&sr=8-1&keywords=thrunite+ti3

51308ICC1XL._SL1001_.jpg

I just ordered up a couple of these. I'm a big fan of the Cree lights. 

About 3(?) years ago, I found some Cree 3 light sets at Costco for 30 bucks each and bought several. Even for a couple guys here. They are all still working, but one never seems to have enough flashlights around when you need them. So I'm looking at the the 2 mentioned above.

I like the keychain model, but hate carrying the additional bulk in my pocket. Several keys and fob for the car is enough for me.

1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

If I wanna burn a dimple in somebody's forehead, I use my PD 35.

I bought one Jan 2014 and it was my first "tactical" light. It's saved my rear numerous time when I walk the neighborhood after the kids go down. I've used the strobe a handful of times cause a few have gotten too close. They didn't care for it all. 

• Admin Team
10 hours ago, memphismason said:

51308ICC1XL._SL1001_.jpg

This has been my go to pocket light for a couple of years.  I can't say enough good things about it - especially for the price. 

Good to see you back on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 11:49 AM, memphismason said:

Picked one of these up after reading your post a while back.  Great value and quite easy to carry around on my keychain.  Thanks for the recommendation.

7 hours ago, mikegideon said:

It's a perfect keychain light. 

Speaking of which, I dumped everything for the Surefire Sidekick about 6 months ago, couldn't be more pleased.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Sidekick-300-Lumen-Ultra-Compact-Triple-Output/dp/B0177H4S5Q

best price 2 or 3 bucks cheaper on eBay actually.

81KMZ2J7EIL._SL1500_.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
2 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Speaking of which, I dumped everything for the Surefire Sidekick about 6 months ago, couldn't be more pleased.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Sidekick-300-Lumen-Ultra-Compact-Triple-Output/dp/B0177H4S5Q

best price 2 or 3 bucks cheaper on eBay actually.

81KMZ2J7EIL._SL1500_.jpg

- OS

Gee thanks :)  I love Surefire products. I'll let you now when it gets here.

Amazon sez tomorrow.

Edited by mikegideon
2 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Gee thanks :)  I love Surefire products. I'll let you now when it gets here.

I use it all the time. Low power adequate to see close up when I need to. Checked out the high function on a night walk home soon after I got it, lit up greenway path and surroundings way way ahead for well over an hour, great peripheral coverage too.

"Only" 300 lumens and no tactical strobe,  but if I need that, I carry a different flash source that should suffice. ;)

- OS

3 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

I use it all the time. Low power adequate to see close up when I need to. Checked out the high function on a night walk home soon after I got it, lit up greenway path and surroundings way way ahead for well over an hour, great peripheral coverage too.

"Only" 300 lumens and no tactical strobe,  but if I need that, I carry a different flash source that should suffice. ;)

- OS

I will probably like it. Can't beat surefire quality. It was way more expensive than the Thrunite.

I just watched the video. It's a lot bigger than the Thrunite. It will still get a lot of use.

Edited by mikegideon
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

I will probably like it. Can't beat surefire quality. It was way more expensive than the Thrunite.

I just watched the video. It's a lot bigger than the Thrunite. It will still get a lot of use.

I use a double key ring with belt loop, with everything dropping down into top of pocket, fits fine for me with that. But if it's a bit too big for the way you do your keys, just carry separately in pocket. The switch is quite stiff, won't turn on with just getting normal pocket pressure from sitting or whatever, even with other stuff in pocket.

- OS