Michael Hayden on the 2nd Amendment

I think most of us understand that the intelligence community will never be able to prevent every attack. That doesn't mean we are willing to sacrifice liberty in the name of security. I suspect this man was no fan of the 2nd Amendment regardless of his thoughts on preventing terrorism.

I think he is right, I think we should look to the 2nd ammendment to help with this problem.  But instead of keeping us law abiding citizens from being able to react to these situations, how about you let us help take these guys down when they decide to shoot, stab or run a bunch of people over.  

How did the shooting at the draw mohammed, little m intended, event work out, how about the Ohio incident, or the...well, you get the picture.

In a way Hayden is right, except the 2nd Amendment doesn't need ANY tweaking.  Just leave it alone, it speaks for itself.  No gun-free zones, and this problem has a ready-made solution.  The problem is all the politicians think they are smarter than the founding fathers.  After almost 250 years those founders, risking everything they owned, including their life, got it right.  The only thing the current politicians risk is another paycheck.....their own self-interests. 

I’m not sure what he meant about tweaking the 4th amendment, but he was spot on that it would not help the lone gunman situation.

Stopping someone that is acting alone and privately is almost impossible. Stopping someone that is openly making threats of violence is pretty easy; yet we don’t do it.

The only thing that can stop an active shooter; is another active shooter. And when seconds count the Police are only minutes away. Both of those have been proven time and time again.