Pounding the Gun Show Beat

gun sane

Hot tubs you say?  I'd think a pellet stove or monitor vendor would be there with this weather.  I've only made one transaction outside... guy offered me $25 less than my "asking" price.   win-win!    You're right about the food vendor, I won't even get their coffee.    Expo Center has plenty of choices nearby, Chilhowee Park, not so much.  And you didn't say how long from entry to exit this adventure took.... 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Garufa said:

You sir, have eloquently captured the essence of the gun show experience.

But...what about the jerky? 

And the ever present sock dealers, are they not supposed to have some sort of federal license to pedal their wares inside a "gun show loophole zone". Or the Nazi paraphernalia dealer who swears he is not a white supremacist nor a member of the clan, yeah right. Or that one dealer that you swear shouldn't be able to own guns because every square inch of exposed skin is covered with what looks like prison tattoos, including his face. Anyone who has been to the Knoxville show knows EXACTLY who I am talking about. There are also those gun show patrons who think soap and water is such a precious commodity that they would never waste it on themselves. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

There are also those gun show patrons who think soap and water is such a precious commodity that they would never waste it on themselves. 

getting practice for a SHTF scenario, they will blend in with the mob more than the rest of us would.

• Like 1

Enjoyed walking in your shoes, well written.

You reference gun show loopholes in TN are pretty wide.

In terms of avoiding paying tax on a used piece of personal property which was taxed when sold new - is this what libs are screaming about? It's all about the money?

Or as Dolo infers - the criminal element straw purchasing new or buying outside used?

• Like 1

I was at the Expo show and can't disagree with your description and I didn't eat. I did find a pistol I have been looking for at what I thought was a fair price, but tax and NIC would have made it marginal. It was at a table with a fair number of guns. I asked if the price was out the door or did I have to add tax and NIC and he said out the door. I said sold and he did his own background check by asking if I had a carry permit and could he see it. Studied it for about 30 seconds and took the tag of the gun and handed it to me in exchange for cash.

• Like 1