Does anyone buy a lot of steel case ammo?

I only ask because SGAmmo keeps running deals on 1000 rounds of TulAmmo 9mm for only $160. The last time I purchased any steel case ammo was back in 2013 when it was the only thing available. I'm just curious if people feel the negatives outweigh the savings. My Glocks will eat it just fine but it's always been underpowered and less accurate than other choices.

Yes. All I shoot is steel. I've hit man size silhouettes at 100 with it. The ammo isn't any less accurate than anything else I've shot. Buy the crap out of it and shoot the crap out of it. You won't have any complaints. So what if a part breaks. You can easily replace it and still save money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've bought a bunch of steel for the closet. It fits the "buy it cheap... stack it deep" idea :)

I mostly shoot brass though because I reload and it's easier on my guns. Although. it's interesting to note that the steel Herters HP is the most accurate load in one of my ARs. I can get sub-MOA results at 200yds with it in that gun!

• Like 1

I've had really good luck with Tulammo.  The only downside is that powder is kind of dirty.  

Good shooting is a function of the number of rounds put down range.  The steel cased commie ammo allows me to put more rounds down range.

If you shoot at an indoor range, make sure the bullet doesn't have steel.  They usually comment in the description saying either that it does or doesn't attract a magnet.  Indoor ranges don't want steel bullets heading into their trap which is made of steel.

I was getting 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards with my .308 using Brown Bear commie ammo.

The only time I've had an issue is with my AR/15.  If not super clean it will start giving me jamming problems when decent brass cased ammo like PMC will keep working.

48 minutes ago, runco said:

Curious, any American manufacturing companies make steel case ammo?

Winchester and Freedom Muntions make some in handgun calibers.

- OS

24 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

If you shoot at an indoor range, make sure the bullet doesn't have steel. 

I don't know know of any foreign steel cased ammo that isn't also steel jacketed bullet.

- OS