Brand Spanking New TN Resident!

46 minutes ago, desertsubi said:

Have a few guns, nothing crazy.

Cray would be a Howitzer,  large caliber firearms is cool.

S1241512-1_zps2e3a16ad.jpg

I have a BIL that liver around Edwards, cant get him to move out, he likes the weather and his wife and her family are there.

Anyway, welcome to the site. First round on the new guy, make mine a 7.62x51.

12 hours ago, cjohnson44546 said:

Welcome to the USA!

Hahaha my job had an exit application before I quit, they asked why are you leaving the company..  I filled it out as "Moving to America", HR called me about 24 hours later and wanted an explanation as to what that meant.  

• Like 5

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.  

I am having a bit of a run around on figuring out the Permit process.  The Local FFL to me has classes offered here next year (Jan 7th) and I want to get everything in order so I can take it.  They explained I need to head over to TNDOT website to start an application for the permit.  However I see nothing more than instructions to head over to Jackson DOT and fill it out there. (which I plan on being there monday anyway).  

Is this correct, start the app process before completing the saftey course?  I never had a CCW in California because the wait times are over 2 years by now, and between that an it being a Non shall Issue state makes it next to impossible to happen.

You can certainly start the paperwork but can't submit it until you complete the class.  I don't know how much of it can be submitted online now but I had to go to my local DMV in 2008 to submit the paperwork after I completed the class.  Good luck!  Turn around time should only be a couple weeks after everything is submitted.

Just wait until you've taken the class, the paperwork isn't especially elaborate. You'll also have to make a separate appointment to get fingerprinted, and you can't do that until you've taken the class. 

Maybe I'm missing something then because the class says I need a number from dmv to take the class... Maybe I should look into another class

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Your DL number is the same as your HCP number, must have a DL before you get a HCP.

yea I got it figured out, already got my license, I did the online form for the permit so I have my number now. I scheduled for a class at range usa this week.

Getting all my ducks in order.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sometimes the range will submit your results to the State on-line, some give you a certificate to submit on your own.  Check your online account for the status.  When you see that they received your results, go to motor vehicles.  Tell them up front that you are there for your Carry permit, and you might just get moved to the front of the line.  After you pay, they give you a number to call for your fingerprinting.  You can call while you are still at motor vehicle, and maybe get the fingerprints done right after, if the fingerprint place is not too far away.  After that, check your status on-line.  Should only be a couple of weeks until you get your permit in the mail.  Enjoy!

When I went through this process I decided about 9pm the day that I had the final step done that I would check the online status just to make sure everything had been submitted correctly. It came back saying approved and the carry permit would show up in the mail in 10 to 14 days. I had it about a week after that.

Very streamline from what I had to go through when I got my NY CC. Took me 7 months and I was in a very gun friendly county.

Welcome to freedom......... kind of. Compared to California TN is paradise, still has its drawbacks but they are able to be dealt with. Aside from the typical no carry places and gun buster signs have the weight of law we have a fairly liberal carry atmosphere here. LEO are well informed on gun laws for the most part and don't hassle people on it much. I carry both concealed and openly depending on circumstances and have never had a problem either way. 

You may be better off applying online although  I don't know how you submit proof of citizenship online. I do know the motor vehicle centers have lost apps before. It happened to my wife. I got my permit in the mail within 3 weeks and we waited another week without her getting hers. We called the TBI and had to tell them the date of the class we took, where it was and who the instructor was. It came the next week so all was well.

Come here often and ask questions. We have a lot of good knowledgeable people here.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:15 AM, ken56 said:

Welcome to freedom......... kind of. Compared to California TN is paradise, still has its drawbacks but they are able to be dealt with. Aside from the typical no carry places and gun buster signs have the weight of law we have a fairly liberal carry atmosphere here. LEO are well informed on gun laws for the most part and don't hassle people on it much. I carry both concealed and openly depending on circumstances and have never had a problem either way. 

You may be better off applying online although  I don't know how you submit proof of citizenship online. I do know the motor vehicle centers have lost apps before. It happened to my wife. I got my permit in the mail within 3 weeks and we waited another week without her getting hers. We called the TBI and had to tell them the date of the class we took, where it was and who the instructor was. It came the next week so all was well.

Come here often and ask questions. We have a lot of good knowledgeable people here.

Got the full process done, Class was Tues/Wed went back to DMV on Thursday to submit cert was already online in their DB just needed to fill out a form and call for finger prints.  Went over to finger printing 15 min later and done.  Checked status online when I got home and it was already approved.  Very streamline.  

Wife is up next, shes scheduled for the 7th of January.