Wheel gun itch

res308

A  Airweight 357 mag , will quickly become a 38 spl ...I recently purchased a Taurus 605 SS ... Pocked it up at Academy... Looked it over first .. tight as a drum .. Taurus has the 605 listed on their site as weighing 24 OZ .. On my scales it weighs 20.5 OZ 

That is not heavy for a all Stainless Steel 357 mag revolver ..in a J frame like size ..

I lean toward Ruger revolvers , I really like my GP100 and Security Six both 357 mag and sport 4 inch barrels 

Well, I finally did it. Thanks to a fine gentleman on here I lucked into a Smith and Wesson Performance Center 686 Plus 2 1/2". Figured I better not pass it up.

I would show it, but I can't seem to get it to work on this dang phone.

• Like 2

Here tis. I was trying to upload a couple more pictures of it, including the holster I made, but it won't let me upload. Keeps saying I'm only allowed to upload 10kb.

WP_20170104_12_53_27_Pro.jpg

Edited by res308
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, res308 said:

Here tis. I was trying to upload a couple more pictures of it, including the holster I made, but it won't let me upload. Keeps saying I'm only allowed to upload 10kb.

WP_20170104_12_53_27_Pro.jpg

Sweet! Makes me want another wheelie! But as I've said before...My Smith Model 19s and the Ruger GP100 is really all I need.

Notice I said need...not want. lol

4 minutes ago, hipower said:

Sweet! Makes me want another wheelie! But as I've said before...My Smith Model 19s and the Ruger GP100 is really all I need.

Notice I said need...not want. lol

If we all had all the guns we wanted, we would need a warehouse to store them. lol

2 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

If we all had all the guns we wanted, we would need a warehouse to store them. lol

Amen, brother! My wife still looks at me and shakes her head when I mention buying another. Get all the usual why? questions. lol

If it weren't a bit tight right now, I'd have several more on the way.

47 minutes ago, hipower said:

Amen, brother! My wife still looks at me and shakes her head when I mention buying another. Get all the usual why? questions. lol

If it weren't a bit tight right now, I'd have several more on the way.

Mine too. She seemed a little irritated that I was just talking about the SAA revolver I want because she just bought me a gun for Christmas. I explained that I already have my next 5 or 6 planned out. As soon as I get one, I'm already thinking about the next, lol. There's probably a support group :)

I always have a revolver itch because I just feel classy carrying one but I remind myself I can't shoot half as good with them as I can my Glocks/1911. Never get enough trigger time with them to feel comfortable with 6-7 rounds. Carried an SP 101 for a bit but always ended back up with my Glock 19. Maybe one day I will get back into a small carry revolver as I'm good enough for 10 yards and in, which off duty is the most likely as far as I would need to shoot. Great now you got me thinking I need a revolver again as I typed this post. 

5 hours ago, res308 said:

Well, I finally did it. Thanks to a fine gentleman on here I lucked into a Smith and Wesson Performance Center 686 Plus 2 1/2".

Looks nice.

Of course now you will have to have a 2 ½" 19 or 66 for when you want to go smaller, and a 36 or 60 for when you want to go even smaller than that.

Sorry, that’s just how the disease progresses.

3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Looks nice.

Of course now you will have to have a 2 ½" 19 or 66 for when you want to go smaller, and a 36 or 60 for when you want to go even smaller than that.

Sorry, that’s just how the disease progresses.

Ohhhhh don't I know it! I still miss my nickel Model 19 2 1/2 I had many years ago. A model 60 or 640 is next on the list though.