Sig P938 Sights off from factory

soundguy

Has anybody else had this problem? Just purchased a new Sig P938, I go to shoot it and it consistently shoots to the left. I am by no means the best shot ever, but I can get a good group going. I looked at the sights, and noticed that the front sight is ever so slightly to the left of center, and the rear sight is quite a bit to the left of center. Is this normal? Something that should be sent back to Sig? Or should I just get a brass punch and do it myself?

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, soundguy said:

... I looked at the sights, and noticed that the front sight is ever so slightly to the left of center, and the rear sight is quite a bit to the left of center. ...

Front sight is cheating to the right then. But yeah, rear site to left could overcome that of course.

That's all assuming rear sight wasn't tweaked to that position because of factory zeroing, which I have no idea if SIG does.

- OS

6 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Front sight is cheating to the right then. But yeah, rear site to left could overcome that of course.

That's all assuming rear sight wasn't tweaked to that position because of factory zeroing, which I have no idea if SIG does.

- OS

I haven't been able to find anything concrete on whether Sig zero's their sights in at the factory or not. Some people think they do, while others swear they don't

29 minutes ago, soundguy said:

Sounds like a plan to me. Taking it out with a few friends this weekend to the range, so we'll see what happens. 

I have carried  P938 for a couple of years and have none of the issues others have claimed to have with them. Out of the box my sights POA  POI are good. I have also found that It's not unusual to have to drift fixed sights yourself no matter what manufacturer.  I recommend a brass, wood or nylon punch.  They may drift with minimal effort or your may have to get aggressive with the persuasion tool aka hammer.  Like rowdy said I think it may be a good idea to let someone else shoot it.  If they have the same results it is definently the sights.  One thing with compact pistols is most tend to get too much finger into the trigger which may throw your shots to the left.  Good luck!

3 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I have carried  P938 for a couple of years and have none of the issues others have claimed to have with them. Out of the box my sights POA  POI are good. I have also found that It's not unusual to have to drift fixed sights yourself no matter what manufacturer.  I recommend a brass, wood or nylon punch.  They may drift with minimal effort or your may have to get aggressive with the persuasion tool aka hammer.  Like rowdy said I think it may be a good idea to let someone else shoot it.  If they have the same results it is definently the sights.  One thing with compact pistols is most tend to get too much finger into the trigger which may throw your shots to the left.  Good luck!

Appreciate the response! I'll definitely spend some more time shooting and learning that specific gun before I start moving the sights

IIRC the 938 has dovetailed front and rear sights so unless the front sight is actually bent I wouldn't worry about any of it or even consider calling Sig Warranty until I sighted it in myself. My first step would be to have a couple of shooting buddies see where their POA-POI is and how there's compare with your own. After that I'd use a sharpie pen to mark the current sight positions and then center them and see where the POI and grouping is. From there once everything's dialed in either mark the corrected sights position or take and save a picture. Best of luck to you with the new pistol.

Just after I first bought my 938 I went out in the back yard and was consistently shooting to the left.   Got on here, searched, and decided I was sticking too much finger in the trigger.  Corrected that, went to a range with 500 rounds and now POA and POI are the same.  My sights do appear to be centered on the slide though!

• 2 weeks later...