Owning two of the same gun

FortKnox

I have 2 identical Sabre AR-15s.  Got the first one because it was made in Tennessee.  There was (and is almost yearly) a bill in front of the legislature stating that any weapon manufactured entirely in Tennessee could never be federally banned.  The bill keeps failing but that is why I bought my first Sabre.  Bought the 2nd one because it was too good of a deal to pass up.  Also have a 3rd non-identical Sabre.  I do like them.

4 hours ago, Patton said:

I tend to be drawn to work for agencies that have Glock 23's as duty weapons so I keep a couple of spares. 

IMG_1658_zpsn5udxsfc.jpg

Do you get to choose or do you have to carry the one the current agency issued to you?

1 minute ago, ma6907 said:

Do you get to choose or do you have to carry the one the current agency issued to you?

I could carry my own and it wouldn't necessarily have to be a G23, but it just doesn't seem like it would be worth the hassle. The Gen 4 belongs to the state, but the other two are mine and both have really high round counts.

The only handgun - or any gun, for that matter - of which I have more than one of the same (more or less) would be the Ruger P95.  My first one - which was my first 9mm handgun - was a gift from a friend (actually my ex-wife's grandfather but he was also a good friend) who has since passed.  For a while I carried a Kel Tec P11 but was never all that accurate with it.  I eventually found that - as I absolutely cannot carry IWB and the P11 was too big for pocket carry - I could carry the P95 just as easily as the P11 and I shoot the P95 much better.  The problem was that I didn't want to carry the P95 because of some sentimental value as I didn't want to risk losing it if I ever had to use it.  Lo and behold, however, that when I decided to get rid of my P11 my favorite LGS had a used, slightly different model of P95 in the case.  We traded even.  So now I have two P95 pistols.  One to carry and one to just hang on to until the zombie apocalypse requires me to dual wield them.

They aren't exactly alike.  The first one (on the right in the pic below) - the gift - is a decocker only model and does not have a light rail.  The second one - the all black one on the left - is a decocker/safety model and has a light rail.  I prefer the DC only but couldn't really get picky when I decided to get a second one.  When I carry it I only used it as a decocker and do not carry with the safety engaged (they are DA/SA pistols.)  I have never used the light rail but it doesn't get in the way so I guess it is nice to have just in case.

Pistols-FaceOff002.jpg

• Like 2

Remember...

The quickest (...and best...) reload is a second pistola... Ya simply can't have too many handguns... The old confederate calvarymen carried as many pistolas as they could... You should too...! 

I say:.. "...Collect em all in multiples...!"....

accumulatin leroy... the pistola curmudgeon...

• Like 3
On 1/3/2017 at 10:36 AM, JAB said:

The only handgun - or any gun, for that matter - of which I have more than one of the same (more or less) would be the Ruger P95.  My first one - which was my first 9mm handgun - was a gift from a friend (actually my ex-wife's grandfather but he was also a good friend) who has since passed.  For a while I carried a Kel Tec P11 but was never all that accurate with it.  I eventually found that - as I absolutely cannot carry IWB and the P11 was too big for pocket carry - I could carry the P95 just as easily as the P11 and I shoot the P95 much better.  The problem was that I didn't want to carry the P95 because of some sentimental value as I didn't want to risk losing it if I ever had to use it.  Lo and behold, however, that when I decided to get rid of my P11 my favorite LGS had a used, slightly different model of P95 in the case.  We traded even.  So now I have two P95 pistols.  One to carry and one to just hang on to until the zombie apocalypse requires me to dual wield them.

They aren't exactly alike.  The first one (on the right in the pic below) - the gift - is a decocker only model and does not have a light rail.  The second one - the all black one on the left - is a decocker/safety model and has a light rail.  I prefer the DC only but couldn't really get picky when I decided to get a second one.  When I carry it I only used it as a decocker and do not carry with the safety engaged (they are DA/SA pistols.)  I have never used the light rail but it doesn't get in the way so I guess it is nice to have just in case.

Pistols-FaceOff002.jpg

Jab--I own several (read quite a few) handguns.  Some costing a full 10x more than my Ruger K (meaning stainless in "Ruger") P95DC 9mm.  I am not a 9mm guy, and certainly not a Ruger guy.  BUT the first time I ever qualified I used the Ruger 95 DC.  Because of this I have used it EVERY other time I have qualified since.  I like the size (I am 6'6" with HUGE hands).  I like the 17 round +1 capacity.  I prefer the DA/SA DC action on all my handguns.  It has never jammed, eats whatever I feed it, is more accurate than I am, and ALWAYS goes bang.  I always jokingly say that I have a special name for glovebox/truck guns--I call them "Rugers" but that in fact diminishes what I really think about this pistol.  It is simply a great weapon.  It will not win you any awards down at the gun club, it is not fancy or cool, and no mall ninja would ever want one--but I LOVE mine and anytime anyone wants a starter pistol to get into the semi auto world on when anyone says what is a great weapon for the $$, I always tell them--for ME and for the $$, the Ruger 95 is the most bang for the buck of any of them.(--disclaimer it is not a competition weapon or a fine custom job.  Just a reliable one that can be had for $200-250 at nearly every gun show ever.  I would take one over 10 Taurus or Hi-points ANY day)

• Like 2

I agree.  My Glock preferrence is Gen2, Gen1, Gen 3, Gen 4.  Gen 5 should go back to Gen 2.  They should make it where the Gen 5 comes in between Gen 1 and Gen 2.  Kind of like the order of the Star Wars saga.  

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Herters .401 Magnums,..

because they were last made in 1968 and I have a spare unbroken part to take to gunsmith to have copied  Did that once with a Savage-Anschutz 10D both mine and my brothers, his sear went bad so they cloned mine works like a champ..