Howdy from a newbie

Name's Mark and I'm happy to join y'all.

Moved to rural Middle Tennessee hills from The People's Republic of Konnecticut in July.  I couldn't get out of there quick enough - put the house on the market in April, retired May 1st, became a TN resident mid July.  Don't worry about me wanting to change anything - I came here because I want to live here just as it is -  real America.  Everything about me is at odds with libertard dominated Konnecticut , where I and my fellow law abiding, freedom loving Christian Americans are treated as criminals, criminals are treated as victims, and all are governed as subjects.  The best compliment I ever received in my life, I received from a newly made friend (a native TN hillbilly) a few weeks after I moved here..."You ain't no Yankee, you belong here".

Yep...we have found ourselves our home!

I like all types of guns, but Military type guns are my main interest.  Just like to collect 'em and shoot 'em - Informal recreationl shootin' is my thing.  I also mess a bit with black powder guns and reloading black powder cartridges.

Since moving here I have sold a few of my older military type  "collectible" rifles and pistols to purchase modern military type (known as "assault rifles" in kommieland where subjects are not allowed to own them) now that I'm a free man again.

Looking forward to enjoyin' the forum.

Happy New Year!  And may God continue to bless Tennessee...for surely He has!

• Like 6

Thank you for the welcome Raoul.  And I agree as to remaining vigilant. And to not fall victim to compromise.  Freedom is lost in small increments until it is lost completely.  Already the libertard disease is taking hold in TN's urban areas.  Cities are the incubators and then the cancer reaches out to control more areas.  Here's one of my favorite Ayn Rand quotes which addresses compromising with wrong:

“The man who refuses to judge, who neither agrees nor disagrees, who declares that there are no absolutes and believes that he escapes responsibility, is the man responsible for all the blood that is now spilled in the world. Reality is an absolute, existence is an absolute, a speck of dust is an absolute and so is a human life. Whether you live or die is an absolute. Whether you have a piece of bread or not, is an absolute. Whether you eat your bread or see it vanish into a looter's stomach, is an absolute.
There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil. The man who is wrong still retains some respect for truth, if only by accepting the responsibility of choice. But the man in the middle is the knave who blanks out the truth in order to pretend that no choice or values exist, who is willing to sit out the course of any battle, willing to cash in on the blood of the innocent or to crawl on his belly to the guilty, who dispenses justice by condemning both the robber and the robbed to jail, who solves conflicts by ordering the thinker and the fool to meet each other halfway. In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

In that transfusion of blood which drains the good to feed the evil, the compromise is the transmitting rubber tube.”
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, HamHands said:

Name's Mark and I'm happy to join y'all.

Moved to rural Middle Tennessee hills from The People's Republic of Konnecticut in July.  I couldn't get out of there quick enough - put the house on the market in April, retired May 1st, became a TN resident mid July.  Don't worry about me wanting to change anything - I came here because I want to live here just as it is -  real America.  Everything about me is at odds with libertard dominated Konnecticut , where I and my fellow law abiding, freedom loving Christian Americans are treated as criminals, criminals are treated as victims, and all are governed as subjects.  The best compliment I ever received in my life, I received from a newly made friend (a native TN hillbilly) a few weeks after I moved here..."You ain't no Yankee, you belong here".

Yep...we have found ourselves our home!

I like all types of guns, but Military type guns are my main interest.  Just like to collect 'em and shoot 'em - Informal recreationl shootin' is my thing.  I also mess a bit with black powder guns and reloading black powder cartridges.

Since moving here I have sold a few of my older military type  "collectible" rifles and pistols to purchase modern military type (known as "assault rifles" in kommieland where subjects are not allowed to own them) now that I'm a free man again.

Looking forward to enjoyin' the forum.

Happy New Year!  And may God continue to bless Tennessee...for surely He has!

Welcome to TGO Mark. You're comments are spot on in my opinion. It's great that people like you are leaving the communist leaning states behind. Just remember that even Tennessee has room to improve in the area of the rights of gun owners and as Raoel stated, we must be vigilant. Watch our leaders carefully....some would rather ride the fence than commit on certain issues. In my opinion of course.

Welcome to TGO. You are probably gonna like this bunch.

We are moving into a good period. Us rednecks just got together across the whole nation, and kicked the commies out on their butts. They still have their pockets of power, but will have a real hard time ruining our lives for now.

Welcome Mark from East TN. We escaped from the evil neighbor state of The People's Republic of Konnecticut about a year ahead of you. My only regret has been that I didn't do it sooner. You will love your new state. I still love going to gun shows just to see things that were never allowed in NY. And of course like you I have been stocking up on formally forbidden firearms and accessories.

I hear your distain for the north east. We moved here from the Catskill mountains of NY a couple of years ago and just today read a piece on how the Mayor and city Council of Kingston NY have passed a resolution to become a sanctuary city. Going up for a full vote this month. Back in Colonial times Kingston was partly burned down by the British for supporting the Continentals. Now the migration of city libs have destroyed the freedoms we used to enjoy up there as you well know. Funny how things here feel so much like 40 years ago where I grew up. Years ago I put a bumper sticker on my truck & son's car that read " Why experiment on Animals when there are so many Democrats" with a drawing of a Chimp. Some libtard ripped it off his bumper and the paint with it.  This is the brand of AH's that have infested the country. Happy retirement to you here in America!