1911 Extended Magazines

TLRMADE

Picked up my first 1911 for Christmas from my wife! It holds 8rd magazines. I would like to run/have and extra mag that is a 10rd but I don't want the stainless sticking out. Is the picture below a 10rd mag with a black cover/baseplate or a 1911 mag extension? I'll attach pictures of my Kimber as well as the Kimber with the magazine extension I am talking about.

My Kimber Pro Covert II

635740787ac5d21aeb33dde7795a5658.jpg

Here is the magazine I'm talking about.

30fc26ae5fa7e07523e0b989518d2f2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the Chip McCormick 10 rounders on my MC Operator and worked great. 99% of the time though I ran the 8 round Wilson's just to cut down on size. The 10 round mags were simply for my SWAT rig but I eventually went back to my Glock 35. The MC Operator never missed a beat though. Congrats on the Kimber it is a very good looking gun. Coincidentally my wife also bought my MC Operator for my Christmas present the year my daughter was born.

The Chip McCormick mags have the black covering on the exposed part.
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/1911-10rd-45acp-power-magazine-power-plus-magazine-10-round-sku207-000-025-26510-52290.aspx
If you're asking if there is a flush fit 10 round 45 Auto mag, the answer is no.

From looking at the picture on the website it looks as if the base plate doesn't cover up the extension part? It's just a big baseplate?

You've lost me.  A 10 round mag has a longer tube and a big baseplate, which is the exposed black part sticking out of the magwell.  It wraps around the portion of the magazine that holds the spring.

Are you wondering if there is something like a conversion kit for a standard 1911 mag?  I'm not aware of anything like that either.

I found a good video that shows the CMC mag.

You've lost me.  A 10 round mag has a longer tube and a big baseplate, which is the exposed black part sticking out of the magwell.  It wraps around the portion of the magazine that holds the spring.
Are you wondering if there is something like a conversion kit for a standard 1911 mag?  I'm not aware of anything like that either.
I found a good video that shows the CMC mag.

Video helped a little. I just don't want the mag being exposed like this in my Kimber.a2af8cc29853f52a26791a91d5282422.jpg