Get your shovels ready

NextExit

We got 4" last night, and may see up to an additional 8" today. Can't decide if I should plow it yet or not. 4" isn't bad, but I also want to give the plow truck a good shakedown before the spring storms move in, hopefully sooner than later. It's been a dry winter, and we need the water.

It was slick this morning - no doubt, but I cannot fathom that folks don't understand gravity, physics, and ... that you can't drive like you do when its dry.  I saw plenty of ... awful drivers today.

This afternoon - heard from someone who came up on some kids sledding in the road.  He stopped at the top of the hill to let them move to the side -- they never did, they just looked back and kept sledding.  After he crept down the hill, he gave them an earful of tough love.

-that resonates with me, because I may or may not have watched a close friend narrowly miss being crushed by a car back in the late 70s.   I'll always be able to see that crumpled radio flyer in my head.

9 hours ago, bersaguy said:

They can mention snow in Tennessee on the car radio and people start wrecking................:clap:

Same thing with heavy rain.....Of course running bald tires that would make a NASCAR driver jealous doesn't help :rolleyes: Those metal bands sticking out aren't road grippers 

49 minutes ago, FJCrusing said:

I miss my FJ. 

I've only had mine a month but it's the absolute closest thing I've driven to my modded '74 bronco(regretted selling it each day since) that I've ever found. Unless Ford really puts out a fantastic new bronco next year I'll likely have the FJ until it's keys are pried from my cold dead fingers.

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

It is always funny to me to see all the 4x4s in the ditch as I pass in my front wheel drive. They just have all 4 wheels sliding because they are still doing 65 on ice on the interstate.

That's the problem... they were going 65.  terminal velocity on ice for anything running a turbo encabulator is 64.5mph on ice.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1