Get your shovels ready

NextExit

1 hour ago, 2.ooohhh said:

I've only had mine a month but it's the absolute closest thing I've driven to my modded '74 bronco(regretted selling it each day since) that I've ever found. Unless Ford really puts out a fantastic new bronco next year I'll likely have the FJ until it's keys are pried from my cold dead fingers.

Especially since they discontinued them two years ago.  I had a 2007 Black Cherry FJ for about 5 years until I traded it in on a new Toyota Tundra SuperMax Rock Warrior 4WD (growing family).  I had a 3" OME suspension lift, rock rails and 33" BFG A/T's and rear locker on it.  That FJ got me everywhere, especially in inclement weather.   It was hard to let it go. 

2 hours ago, bud said:

Looks fun! I've often thought of buying a plow for my f350, but even with the big profits realized in a winter storm, I figure I'd tear my old truck up too much to make it worth it. 

Side note, my son and I have listened to "Chasin That Neon Rainbow" no less than 10 times today. :)

I have less than 50% of what they wanted for just a V plow to fit my 2001 F-350 into that whole outfit, pickup, plow, new studded tires and two sets of aluminum wheels. The key is to start shopping in June when nobody is thinking about snow, and find one that has a problem. I winched that one onto my trailer to get it home, a little work and a new starter got me off the tractor for this winter. 

I think I listened to "Western Skies" about that many times today as well. :) 

• Like 2

Back many many years ago I bought an almost new 1977 Dodge Ramcharger that I dearly loved. It was stock when I got it but after about a year of work it was far from stock. I was a member of an off road club called the Dixie Mud Hawgs and we would go off roading in some serious mud trails. I had a 6 inch Lift kit with 15x35x38 Monster Mudders on my machine and had installed detroit Locking differentials front and rear. Took out the 318 motor and added a HP 340. I took the truck to almost a tank stage but never once stuck it is any mud boggs. Got 3.5 miles per gallon on gas when locked in and it went up to 7.5 unlocked. Came with a 45 gallon fuel tank. I did have to pull out a lot of buddys that would get stuck in them. I had steel studs in the tires. I did learn one very important lesson about 4X4's while I owned that truck. I don't care what kind of rubber and steel you have on the ground. You may be able to go anywhere you choose to go BUT and that is a big BUT on Black Ice you cannot stop any better than a car with bald tires. I slid of the road many times into ditches and the only advantage I had was I could lock everything in an drive back out of the ditch which a car could not do. People for the most part have not clue when it comes to black ice but when I know black ice is on the roads I stay home period.......................:cheers: