Software Upgraded on 1/3/2017

58 minutes ago, peejman said:

Maybe this isn't the right place, but I'll ask anyway... 

Mobile skin, I get pop up notifications at the bottom of the screen when I log in. The bell in the top right also displays a number. Clearing the pop up doesn't clear the bell at the top, so I have to do it twice. Can that be fixed?

That has been happening for awhile, the thing I do is use the bell, not the popup to check the notification.  The popup goes away on its own, the bell does not.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

Just noticed something.  On the mobile skin I still have the button mark all content read but can not seem to find it on the desktop version.  Is it not there or am I blind?

I noticed that too, Its missing on the top, but still there at the bottom.

Gah! Change.... it all looks different now! Smaller text, larger images. Couple more versions and there won't be much to read anymore.... just to consume images and media! Don't read, don't think, just watch. :D

(Sorry David, you know I had to give you a hard time. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta figure out how to change the font and stuff....)

30 minutes ago, Obiwan said:

Gah! Change.... it all looks different now! Smaller text, larger images. Couple more versions and there won't be much to read anymore.... just to consume images and media! Don't read, don't think, just watch. :D

(Sorry David, you know I had to give you a hard time. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta figure out how to change the font and stuff....)

I've really liked all the changes until I logged on at home with my Ipad this evening.  First thing I noticed like Obiwan is the smaller text and lots of unused white space.  There may be a preference setting that maybe I should have checked before I commented.

Personally, the only thing that's bothering me visually is that most of the text on whole site, and most importantly of all the text in posts ain't full black, and the text in quotes is so light it's really a pain to read.

edit: Here's repeated in actual black:

Personally, the only thing that's bothering me visually is that most of the text on whole site, and most importantly of all the text in posts ain't full black, and the text in quotes is so light it's really a pain to read.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
56 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

Fwiw, I almost always use my phone now, haven't popped open my MAC to see how it looks there. On the phone, I love it.

Indeed. TGO is blocked by work network and I rarely (get to) use the home pc anymore. 

I'm really liking all the upgrades with the ongoing tweaking.  Not really a big deal but something I just noticed and I only see it on my IPad. The search window overlaps the Leaderboard button.

image_zpsjelvwyjs.png

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
Finally gaot image to attach
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, I am slow to bring this up, maybe even just slow...

But since all the <shudder> "changes"  in the last month, my Android tablet ( - aging Samsung Note 10.1 using the standard OEM browser) no longer cooperates.

1. it seems to *really* want me to install Tapatalk (I have resisted for years, preferring the regular innerdwebz browzer)

2. It shows all the forum listings, but will not open any threads (nor will it open "unread")

Any tips out there to get me going sans installing Tapatalk for TGO?  It otherwise browses other's site content just fine - looks just like the "big" computer.

Thanks,  B.

35 minutes ago, R_Bert said:

OK, I am slow to bring this up, maybe even just slow...

But since all the <shudder> "changes"  in the last month, my Android tablet ( - aging Samsung Note 10.1 using the standard OEM browser) no longer cooperates.

1. it seems to *really* want me to install Tapatalk (I have resisted for years, preferring the regular innerdwebz browzer)

2. It shows all the forum listings, but will not open any threads (nor will it open "unread")

Any tips out there to get me going sans installing Tapatalk for TGO?  It otherwise browses other's site content just fine - looks just like the "big" computer.

Thanks,  B.

I don't have a Note, but I use my Galaxy S5 phone on TGO a lot. I don't have those issues on it. Have you updated your operating system to the latest? I'm running Marshmallow Android 6.0.1. I don't know if that will affect it or not though. I use Chrome browser on my phone.

I do have the Tapatalk issue on my iPad though. My Safari browser logs me out everytime I leave TGO for more than about 5mins, and I have to log back in eventhough I check remember me or whatever. Actually, it's done that since before the upgrade I just never mentioned it. However, Tapatalk wanting me to join everytime I log in is new for me.

Edited by Wingshooter
1 minute ago, Wingshooter said:

I don't have a Note, but I use my Galaxy S5 phone on TGO a lot. I don't have those issues on it. Have you updated your operating system to the latest? I'm running Marshmallow Android 6.0.1. I don't know if that will affect it or not though.

I do have the Tapatalk issue on my iPad though. My Safari browser logs me out everytime I leave TGO for more than about 5mins, and I have to log back in eventhough I check remember me or whatever. Actually, it's done that since before the upgrade I just never mentioned it. However, Tapatalk wanting me to join everytime I log in is new for me.

Thanks,

The Note 10.1 is up to date, but running the original OS version of Android (4.1.2).  It has zero glitches, so I have not thought about upgrading the OS (and probably would just get a new tablet someday).

B.  

• Like 1