Software Upgraded on 1/3/2017

• Administrator

I have upgraded us to the latest IPBoard version and with it comes several new features and also the requirement to re-index all of our posts and threads.  Re-indexing is underway now but will take several hours to complete.  Until it does complete, your ability to accurately search for specific content or get a full listing of new content will likely be impacted somewhat.

One of the obvious new features is the "Leaderboard" that you will see in the top menu.  Check it out and let me know what you think.  It's kind of fun.

Another change for now is that we are running a lightly customized appearance theme that I wrote.  It is not as good as some of the full-custom stuff that we have used in the past, but it also upgrades far easier whenever new versions of the software come out.   I will continue to tweak it in the days ahead.

I do not have a "dark" version of it yet.  This is on my list of things to try to get done, but it is lower in priority than a few other things.  Sorry.  Hopefully those of you who prefer a darker appearance to the forum can adjust the brightness on your monitors.

• Like 1

Looks good so far.  One thing I noticed is that it does not display correctly on mobile.  There is a strip of the wood paneling down the right side.  That makes the actual display portion smaller than it has been, at least for me.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

Looks good so far.  One thing I noticed is that it does not display correctly on mobile.  There is a strip of the wood paneling down the right side.  That makes the actual display portion smaller than it has been, at least for me.

Yeah I noticed that also.  I'll have to figure out why it's happening and resolve it.  Probably a glitch in my CSS.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, peejman said:

Switch to the darker theme at the bottom. It's still there and it looks the same as before. 

Darker should have been disabled as it's not been updated to accommodate the new version of the software.  Sorry.  I just disabled it until I can go through it and work on updating things within it.

7 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Darker should have been disabled as it's not been updated to accommodate the new version of the software.  Sorry.  I just disabled it until I can go through it and work on updating things within it.

Well :P   And here i thought I'd actually found something useful for a change.  

This new theme seems less bright than I recall the prior iteration.  It didn't immediately elicit the "aaahh, my eyes!" vampire response. I'll adjust. :)  

3 hours ago, peejman said:

Well :P   And here i thought I'd actually found something useful for a change.  

This new theme seems less bright than I recall the prior iteration.  It didn't immediately elicit the "aaahh, my eyes!" vampire response. I'll adjust. :)  

Same here.  It didn't hurt my eyes.:stare:

• Administrator

Sorry for the rapid succession of changes, folks.   I am trying to make sure that we have something that is feature-complete and workable for the majority.  I promise the changes to the appearance of the site will settle down.

Maybe this isn't the right place, but I'll ask anyway... 

Mobile skin, I get pop up notifications at the bottom of the screen when I log in. The bell in the top right also displays a number. Clearing the pop up doesn't clear the bell at the top, so I have to do it twice. Can that be fixed?