Megyn Leaving FOX

Oh Shoot

I guess Trump will claim credit.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/media/megyn-kelly-nbc-fox-news/index.html

They haven't even been really successful with replacing Greta yet either between Britt and now Tucker.

My guess they might try Guilfoyle in there for a while to at least replace the eye candy part. Maybe juggle the lineup back around. She'd bumped Sean, maybe put him back,  but seems he's worn a bit thin over time, certainly has with me anyway.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I really liked Megyn as a person and a commentator. But I always felt she was trying to be more conservative than she really is. So I wonder if she will fit right in at NBC or if NBC thinks they are getting something they desperately need; a conservative.

It also makes wonder if places like MSNBC and CNN are making room for some conservatives after getting kicked so hard in ratings by FOX.

I’ll miss you Megyn; but I won’t go to NBC to watch you. seeya.gif

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bersaguy said:

I was never much of a fan of MK anyway so no big loss. I did like Greta and never learned why she left. Probably a better offer.

Because of the overall tone of management, all about same time as Gretchen was axed and Ailes had to resign. To prove her point, Murdoch didn't even let her have a "goodbye show".

Rumors are she's starting on MSNBC soon.

- OS

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

good riddance.  I knew she was leaving shortly after she got her own show

Kelly File began on October 7, 2013

Took her over 3 years to "leave shortly".

refusing to debate people that went against the fox narrative.

Good Lord, her interviews with people like Sharpton, Moore, Wiener, etc are near legendary.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

Did it start back in 2013?  I thought it was this year.  They must've done a slot change or something last year because I sure don't remember her being on that prime time spot that long.

Or I could be wrong, she may have had the same spot for a long time, she's just an annoying wench that I never really cared to listen to.

8 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

Did it start back in 2013?  I thought it was this year.  They must've done a slot change or something last year because I sure don't remember her being on that prime time spot that long.

Or I could be wrong, she may have had the same spot for a long time, she's just an annoying wench that I never really cared to listen to.

9pm EST slot since the gitgo:

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2013/09/17/fox-news-shuffles-lineup-megyn-kelly-bumps-hannity-to-10-p-m/

- OS

40 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I can't imagine the next few years generating a lot of excitement at Fox.  

Yeah, they're likely going to be in same uncomfortable position as they were during the campaign as to being ambivalent regarding Trump, all except for Hannity.

Didn't see their coverage today regarding the secret session to nuke the House Ethics Committee, dunno if they jumped on it like they would if Pelosi would have done it.  Shrewd first move by Ryan, to be just like the crooked Dems, huh? (then oops, immediately rescinded with the public outcry).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

She also said she's making the jump so that she can spend more time with her kids.  Please.......anyone making $15 million/yr ought to have enough saved up to chuck it all and be a mom.  Why doesn't she just say it's the glitter job she's always wanted and shut up.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Yeah, they're likely going to be in same uncomfortable position as they were during the campaign as to being ambivalent regarding Trump, all except for Hannity.

Didn't see their coverage today regarding the secret session to nuke the House Ethics Committee, dunno if they jumped on it like they would if Pelosi would have done it.  Shrewd first move by Ryan, to be just like the crooked Dems, huh? (then oops, immediately rescinded with the public outcry).

- OS

I watched everything on Fox tonight. Nobody touched the ethics thing that I saw. Megyn did her I'm quittin' speech. Best thing was probably Hannity's hour long face-to-face interview with Assange. Good Stuff.

1 hour ago, gun sane said:

She also said she's making the jump so that she can spend more time with her kids.  Please.......anyone making $15 million/yr ought to have enough saved up to chuck it all and be a mom.  Why doesn't she just say it's the glitter job she's always wanted and shut up.

High achiever. She simply wants both. The NBC job makes the other part easier. I can dig that. Seems to be the type that at this stage, 5 mil either way wouldn't make a diff. Hell, she gave up apparently quite lucrative legal career to start over in the first place.

Plus, along with numerous other women,  she deposed in the Gretchen Carlson suit and encouraged others to do same,  so she's likely pretty disenchanted with the overall culture at FOX.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
  • Admin Team

Man...tough crowd around here. 

Y'all will have to forgive me, as the cable sales channels aren't really aren't really  part of my daily consumption, but isn't she the one everyone was fawning over on election night four years ago as the camera followed her around at ass level?

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Y'all will have to forgive me, as the cable sales channels aren't really aren't really  part of my daily consumption, but isn't she the one everyone was fawning over on election night four years ago as the camera followed her around at ass level?

Everyone? I don't think so. :(

19 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I was never much of a fan of MK anyway so no big loss. I did like Greta and never learned why she left. Probably a better offer.

You need to google why she left and the 20 million settlement she got from it...

Interesting stuff and big changes shortly thereafter at Fox

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Well, once her career was a decent bit surefooted, she started speaking her mind, and that was that with the far right crowd.

I don't have cable, but I couldn't see myself getting worked up one way or the other about her career moves.