Stolen Guns

Hi! Just wanted to know if it would be ok to list some stolen guns I'm on the hunt for...no luck for months but hoping for just one honest person that may be able to help a gal out! 

Would like to add I'm a former Yankee (don't judge!) from upstate NY, but rebel born...Although finding my dad's guns is top priority, I am glad to be here and look forward to visiting this site more often in the future. Glad to be in TN where I am not judged for wearing a 2A tee shirt!

Thanks!!

Edited by DaisyMae

Thanks! 17 guns were stolen from my Dad's house just a month after he died. These were his life & legacy...and something that I can not replace. I've done all the obvious things needed to be done and have tackled as much legwork and investigating I can do

At this point I will do anything I need to do to get them back and put these f'ers down. 

This happened in Overton County near Putnam County line but could be anyone's hands at this point 

444 - sn# 71185077Marlin, gold(brass) trigger, bushnell scope with see-thru mount
222 - Remington 700, custom wood stock, Lyman scope
308 - cetme black with dark brown furniture
.32 - Winchester lever, bushnell scope, custom stock - curved
Mini 30 - SN# 189-58228 ruger 7.62x39, wood stock, blued
Dragunov - sn# c224674 7.62x54, no scope, light wood "Skelton" stock
Ak-47 - 7.62x39 dark wood and front grip 
Ak-47 - 7.62x39 dark wood, custom stock with pistol grip and butt as one piece
Ak-74 - 5.45x39 light wood, bipod on front 
K31 - 7x55 Swiss "straight bolt" lighter wood, has ring on back to pull bolt
12ga - bolt action, older, Sears
8mm - Mauser, old long gun (tall), bolt action had beige recoil pad
.22 - Romanian, darker wood, 3-flip sight on back
.22 - marlin(greenfield), bolt action, lighter wood, animal carving in grip
7.62x54 - mosin nagant, shorter barrel, bayonet, darker wood, older, bolt action
SA2000 - 7.62x39, ak style, all black with skeleton stock and muzzle break, had green sling
   Older Mossburg bolt action shotgun - missing bolt

• Like 2

I go to great lengths to not use the word "hate", but I do "hate" a thief.  I had 5-6 guns lifted from me 20+ years ago, mostly Russian SKSs, and to this date, not one lead or recovery, and I had the serial numbers for each.  Police check in time to time, not so much in the past few years to see if I had recovered them on my own, must be a report in the computer system.  However, those guns were in my business, so a business loss.  When its a family, especially one's father, something he had who is no longer here, there is no comparison.  Just sad, very sad.  Like I said I "HATE" a thief. 

If you are in to leg working, check all pawn shops in a 60-90 mile radius.  Check flea markets, and any gun shows this weekend.  Impossible task, but you never know.  BTW, if the thief saw your posting here, likely the ones with a s/n will be thrown in the lake.

• Like 1

I see your point with the SN's but it is what it is. I doubt any dopehead looking to sell is going to post on a site like this. That requires brain cells.  I guess what I'm looking for are responses from honest gunowners that may get approached by someone looking to sell. I still have faith in people.

I have no problem using the word "hate". In fact I wish there was a stronger word. You have no idea the way I feel about these people, handling my dad's guns without knowing even an ounce of what they mean to me. Every holiday gathering included us firing off rounds with him..now there's nothing. If this would've happened while he was alive it would've killed him then. I am disappointed and disgusted but am hoping that just one person sees this and a light goes on, so to speak, and all the pieces come together. 

I sympathize.  I've had one stolen out of my house several years ago, probably by someone my family knew.  It was a Colt Commander in pristine condition I got when I was in the USAF.  Not a family heirloom, yet, but it would have been. Police report made but no luck in recovery.  I keep hoping it will go through a gun store someday and get tagged as stolen...

• Like 1