The most you would spend on any gun?

FortKnox

1 hour ago, FortKnox said:

Yes I meant spend. Never drink and post people. :dirty:

Never drink and surf gunbroker, guns international and the like.  The amount you spend may be quite the surprise when you check your emails the next day.  Well at least that's been my experience anyway.

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 9
14 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Assuming you meant to type "spend", I'd say it depends on the gun. Personally, I don't have a limit for the right one.

^ this

It was hard to spend $175 on a new zip gun, was easy to drop a few grand on an MP5.  Good things about guns is that decent ones will never lose a penny in value.

I don't have a specific number to throw out there, but for me it would be however much I could realistically afford to spend without negatively effecting our financial plan at the time. I'm fortunate in that my wife agrees with me that firearms and ammo can be looked at as a very tangible investment, not just a fun hobby, so I've had some leeway in that respect on some larger purchases over the years. That being said, half of my gun collection are pieces under $700, and my EDC/favorite gun to shoot was under $600. I'm in saving mode right now for a high end 1911, and it was really hard here on TGO just before Christmas with everyone and there brother selling off some real beauties, but I'll continue to save until I'm in the price range I'm looking at, and then one of you will be taking my money :) 

Cost-wise I've got a HiPoint 995 up to a CZ Custom SDP and Gemini Custom SP101 and stuff in between.

No collector grade firearms, if I own it, I shoot it (or carry it)

I'll never go into debt for a purchase (though I've been tempted by Harvey's 10% down and 10 no interest payments)

6 hours ago, bubbadavis said:

This is a question better addressed to my wife...

Full disclosure: she gave me my most expensive firearm several years ago. Nothing else comes even close. I've actually been looking at guns in a shop and tell her 'I'm thinking about it'; keep browsing; turn around and she's filling out paperwork on the gun...

Yep, she's a keeper!

And before anyone asks, she has two sisters. Both are already married.

$2,500 is the max I could ever spend as a lump sum on a rifle. It would need to be the PERFECT unicorn firearm and I would have regret for weeks. Down the road i would still spend additional money on accessories, but I don't think I would (in my current profession) spend more than this.