1911 style trigger with striker fire design?

Rebels010

On 1/9/2017 at 10:30 PM, gjohnsoniv said:

Such a strange design.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:39 PM, Danger Rane said:

At first glance it looks pretty bizarre. The more I'm staring at it the more intrigued I am though.  Can't decide if I like the dust cover area or not. 

On 1/9/2017 at 11:24 PM, Chucktshoes said:

This gun has more chin than Bruce Campbell, but according to a gun writer guy I know, "it shoots flatter than my ex wife's tits."

gregintenn  posted this link below back in mid October  http://www.fkbrno.com/en/7-5-fk-system

The first time I saw a picture of the Hudson I thought of the FK Brno.  Unlike the Hudson, the  Brno has a hammer and a traditional trigger but the feature that is shared is the extra mass in the dust cover area or as Chucktshoes called it, chin.  Both of these guns are said to have very little muzzle flip, torque or that they just shoot flat. That's all about the extra mass and what ever secrets are hidden inside them and the fact that all this lowers the bore axis so therefore they shoot flatter than someones ex wife's boobs. Is this a fad or a trend?  I don't know but sure would like to get my hands on either one for a test drive.

The Hudson M9

bore-axis-pistol.png

The 7.5 FK Brno

FK-Brno-7-5-1.jpg

Edited by MP5_Rizzo

Initially I thought it was someone's spin off of an unscaled and fancy Hi-Point C-9. Then I looked at the video and other info and realized it's intended to be a fairly pricy hybrid something or other. Insofar as ergonomics and materials I'm impressed and suspect it'll be a comfortable pistol to shoot. As to whether it's a significant improvement or just some clever marketing I really don't care.

i actually don't hate how it looks.  I'm confused, though, on why it needs such a huge "nose," as they call it.  Hudson says that the nose is the key to the gun having an "extremely low bore axis."  Frankly, I'm not seeing anything special about the bore axis.  Putting a light on this thing would be ridiculous, though.  

I'd be hesitant to put money in a pistol that may be from a fly-by-night company. If it had great reviews and available mags (hopefully they used something like M9 mags), though, I'd at least consider one for around a grand.

• Like 1

So very short travel trigger and 4.5 lb trigger on a weapon available with no safety?  I prefer no safety (usually with DA/SA or longer trigger pull), but seems like it is begging for a few unintentional discharges in that configuration?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, ma6907 said:

So very short travel trigger and 4.5 lb trigger on a weapon available with no safety?  I prefer no safety (usually with DA/SA or longer trigger pull), but seems like it is begging for a few unintentional discharges in that configuration?

My M&P has no manual safety and a 4.0# trigger pull. Doesn't matter how light the trigger pull is if you keep things off the trigger that don't belong there. 

1 minute ago, Chucktshoes said:

My M&P has no manual safety and a 4.0# trigger pull. Doesn't matter how light the trigger pull is if you keep things off the trigger that don't belong there. 

I wouldn't describe the M&P as a "short trigger pull" though.  It does have a nice short trigger RESET, but not pull.  I am sure someone has thought about it and I am sure it is quite safe, just seems like the whole description as a "1911" trigger (which is safe because of 2 external safeties) on a weapon without one is either A an exaggeration or B unsafe.  Again, I do not like safeties so if this is TRUE and safe, I am in!  (After the kinks are worked out.  I am done with buying brand new models till all the recalls and fixes have been worked out).

12 hours ago, ma6907 said:

According to this article:

"The trigger is a modular design. It uses a trigger safety like most striker-fired pistols but it can be modified to use a manual safety or safeties. Users can install left- or right-side manual safeties or both for ambidextrous use. The pistol has ambidextrous slide release levers and a reversible mag release, too."