Fight At Night March 4 Dayton TN !

Fight At Night : Defensive Concepts for Dark Environments

Date: Saturday March 4
Time: 3PM - 11PM
Location: The Ridge Dayton TN. (http://www.theridgeshooting.com/)
 Price $180 cash or check. ($80 Deposit to hold spot / balance due night of class).
Instructor: Randy Harris 

This rarely offered class will cover some critical skills which include shooting with and without the help of flashlights in low or no light. We will work both proactively challenging unknown potential threats and reacting to unexpected close range attacks in low light settings. You will see just how much light you really need to accurately shoot by and how much light you actually need to ID targets. We will also cover manipulating the pistol in the dark both with and without a light in our hands. We will load , unload and clear malfunctions with and without flashlights.  A fair amount of time will also be devoted to using the flashlight as a tool to help you get deselected in the "pre fight interview" , use the light as a distraction device and impact weapon, and as a bridge from less lethal to lethal force. 

Range Gear and requirements : Handheld flashlight (Surefire 6P, G2, Streamlight Scorpion or similar). Extra batteries.  Pistol and holster designed to be worn on the belt. Two spare mags  (3 total minimum) and a mag pouch. Range Safety gear (eye and ear protection) . Clothing appropriate for weather. Snacks and drinks.

Ammo: Approximately 250 rounds.

If you have a weapon mounted light for your pistol and want to use it for some drills then please bring it too. If your carry pistol has a light that is fine too just make sure it fits your holster. If you have a "blue gun" or airsoft gun and training knife  you want to bring feel free to do so. We will be doing some interactive exercises where students will play the role of both good guys and bad guys to get a better feel for just what each experiences when the techniques are applied in low light. If you don't see it from both sides you only know about half of what is going on. 

A $80 deposit will hold a spot for you in this class. Balance due at class. We are limiting it to 16 students so you might want to get your deposit in soon. To register or for more info either PM me here at TGO or email me at Cruelhandluke2000@yahoo.com. 

Hope to see you there!

Some Bio info and some of my training resume.....http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/instructor-randy-harris.aspx
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Attended this course Saturday and tactics have changed since my last night training in the mid 90s with the new technology now available in a small light.  Side tracked by a dirt bike addiction problem for 10-15 years or so.  I still have my Surefire 6P from the 90s and the 2 AAA battery Streamlight I used in the class is brighter with longer lasting batteries than the old 6P and carries as easily as an ink pen in a shirt pocket.

The course started with some lecture , then some hands on drills to show how important it is to be aware and not let a goblin get a jump on things in their favor.  Seconds matter and Randy showed us how to gain a few in our favor.

Pistol skills are perishable !!!!  My last course was late 2012 and I probably had not fired 100 rounds since that class.  When we were running malfunction drills I had to really concentrate on things that were on auto pilot 5 years ago.  Ran the malfunction drills with my 2nd gun , a compact and was once again reminded I do not like small pistols.

When the live fire started I pulled the first shot low. Practice people and practice again !! In my defense I was shooting a man's caliber and not the .380 long rifle that is so popular these days.

Drills covered different distances and different amounts of light. With lights ,  without lights and a fiber optic front is no better than a plain front sight when the lights go out.  I have tritium on some of my handguns and some I do not. Brought a pistol with fiber optic front and plain black rear to this class.

We shot paper as well as 3D targets wearing shirts , worked from cover/concealment and up close within an arms length.  Do not want to give away to much detail , sign up for the next class if you want to get the details.  The course is worth the time. I work night shift and am out an about a lot more after dark than before.

We put a few rounds through an RMR Glock and fired some defensive rounds at the end of class to compare flash.  I had 2 boxes of Double Tap sitting at home that I forgot to pack and would have liked to get comparison on , maybe next time.

On another note....I left work early Friday to drive down from Kentucky and then did not make it back home until about 4:30AM Sunday morning.  My dog was happier to see me than my wife so guess who I took out for a vanilla frosty Sunday afternoon and who I left at home ????

frosty.jpg

Edited by Taylor
  • 1 month later...

Americas Best Value Inn

Reserved a room here for the Fight at Night class through hotels.com and paid for the room with a debit card on the website.  When I checked in the fellow asked for a credit card for " incidentals " which I found strange considering the hotel.  So....I have been waiting for my statement....and someone in Tenn  racked up some charges on it 2 weeks after the class.

The hotel may have nothing to do with it but I just carry it as a back up for emergency and do not use it very often. It was the only place in Tenn. I have shown it.

So....if your training in Dayton maybe take a look for another hotel.

Edited by Taylor