Goo Goo Cluster

KahrMan

I am not much of a sweets guy.  For those that have met me, I know that is hard to believe but it is true.  Well today the office received a gift basket and in it was an original Goo Goo Cluster.  

A Nashville original since 1912.  Man, I forgot how good these thing are.  Not a fan of the supreme or peanut butter but the original is damn good.

Goo-Goo-24361-550x550.jpg

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I am not much of a sweets guy.  For those that have met me, I know that is hard to believe but it is true.  Well today the office received a gift basket and in it was an original Goo Goo Cluster.  

A Nashville original since 1912.  Man, I forgot how good these thing are.  Not a fan of the supreme or peanut butter but the original is damn good.

Goo-Goo-24361-550x550.jpg

Yup!!! And loaded with about 1,000,000 calories. At least my teeth think that. lol If I eat one, or about anything with that much concentrate sugars...I have a couple of teeth that will ache.

But, dang it all...they are good.

56 minutes ago, hipower said:

Yup!!! And loaded with about 1,000,000 calories. At least my teeth think that. lol If I eat one, or about anything with that much concentrate sugars...I have a couple of teeth that will ache.

But, dang it all...they are good.

Actually 240 calories (about the same as a Kit Kat, Hershey Bar, M&M's) and 23g of sugar (about 1/2 can of coke) so really 1 (or 3) won't hurt ;) 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, hipower said:

Dang it all! I just picked up a couple of Moon Pie snack boxes. Little suckers are about right for 5 good bites!

Did ya pick up some RC Colas too?

So you're buying Moopies by the box-full but can't handle Goo Goos?  :P

Edited by Garufa
3 hours ago, Garufa said:

Did ya pick up some RC Colas too?

So you're buying Moopies by the box-full but can't handle Goo Goos?  :P

Question 1: No-----I hate RC Cola.

Question 2: Yes----Too sweet.

Question 3: Unasked. I have other sensory overload treats available.:cheers:

And ya'll aint lived till ya been to tha' Moon Pies festival!

Edited by hipower
17 hours ago, KahrMan said:

A Nashville original since 1912.

The Moon Pie orignated in Chattanooga and are still made by Chattanooga Bakery to this day.  1912 is 5 years too early, they were created in 1917.

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
Should have researched before I posted.
  • Like 1

My uncle who lives in Nashville gave me a box of Goo Goo Clusters several years ago that were meant to be shipped to France but there was a translation problem into French that caused them to be rejected. Just as tasty as the ones meant for Americans. Maybe tasted even better since they were free.

9 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

The Moon Pie orignated in Chattanooga and are still made by Chattanooga Bakery to this day.  1912 is 5 years too early, they were created in 1917.

We also had a RC Cola plant on Broad Street at the foot of Lookout Mountain. It's long gone though I believe. Then again, that might have been Double Cola. It's been a very long time. :wacko::blink:

Edited by Randall53
13 minutes ago, Randall53 said:

We also had a RC Cola plant on Broad Street at the foot of Lookout Mountain. It's long gone though I believe. Then again, that might have been Double Cola. It's been a very long time. :wacko::blink:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2005/11/20/76203/What-Did-That-Building-Used-to-Be--.aspx

Royal Crown Cola, or “RC” to aficionados, was nationally advertised and endorsed by Hollywood celebrities. The low cost of an RC and a Moon Pie (another Chattanooga-made product) was thought by many to be the right price for an economical snack. The two were even celebrated in song.Both the franchiser and the Chattanooga operation were renamed as Royal Crown in 1957. In 1970, RC left its previous home at 509 Main Street for 201 Broad Street, which Coca-Cola was vacating for new facilities on Amnicola Highway. The Lookout Plating Company took over the former RC building on Main. In 1979, Royal Crown sold its downtown address to the Hamilton County Department of Education, and established a distribution plant on Polymer Drive. RC closed the plant two years later. 

• Like 1