Goo Goo Cluster

KahrMan

5 hours ago, Randall53 said:

Ok....then the one I'm thinking of on Broad street was Double Cola. It's now Chattem Drug I think.

AAAK..  :puke:..Double Cola is the "Milwaukee's Best" of colas. It's even worse than RC, which makes it pretty much undrinkable.

Pour your Coke over a full glass of ice, then let the ice melt and you'll have Double Cola.

I used to have an aunt that worked at Standard Candy back in the 50's and 60's, and we were always told the Goo Goo started out as just a collection of scraps from everything else that they made, and they took off from there.

Never had a real Moon Pie just homemade ones which I was never that fond of, may have to try a real one some time. I use to be a big fan of RC but haven't had one in many years, they were probably still using cane sugar when I use to like it. 

22 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Banana moon pies are pretty good.  Not to sweet. I like the mini size. The full size ones can be a little to much sometimes. 

Just different tastes I guess. I always though the banana, although very good, as a bit sweeter tasting than the chocolate ones. The only ones I ever considered "too much" and not often at that, was the double-deckers.

Which might just account for my current waistline. 

I came across these the other day.... Uncle Al's Cookies made in Hoover, AL

plank.jpg

What got me thinking was this notice below the ingredients.... 

plank2.jpg

May be produced with genetic engineering :eek:   Why would a cookie be genetically engineered :confused:  Please pass the moon pies.... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NextExit said:

I came across these the other day.... Uncle Al's Cookies made in Hoover, AL

plank.jpg

What got me thinking was this notice below the ingredients.... 

plank2.jpg

May be produced with genetic engineering :eek:   Why would a cookie be genetically engineered :confused:  Please pass the moon pies.... 

Don't kid yourself. Virtually everything we eat has been genetically engineered. Hybridization is genetic engineering.  Basically all the grains we eat (wheat, corn, oats) burpless cucumbers, spineless okra, thornless blackberries, ... all genetically engineered. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Before everyone gets their panties in a wad over "genetic engineering" look up Gregor Mendel

Yeah, even current "legacy" seed varieties had to be selectively bred and/or hybridized over the 5,000 years or so man has been farming, otherwise you'd only have wild predecessors, like grasses that are 90% chaff instead of the wheat/oats/barely we know, tomatoes the size of blackberries, whatever.

Much the same with domesticated animals.

- OS

• Like 1