anybody going to the inauguration?

seez52

I tried to get tickets from my three representatives but no luck. Guess I don't have enough pull.

Going anyway. I figure it might be the last one I'm at all interested in. Looks like the weather won't be bitterly cold. Taking a bus trip package so I don't have to deal with the traffic and getting around.

I hope there is some excitement, but not too much if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

Have fun! It's gonna be epic! Bikers for Trump will put a quash on most of the protestors. They don't like actual resistance.

Fantastic town to experience! Too bad it's been ruined by the worst of the worst. At least some of them are leaving!!!!!!

• Like 1

Thought about going, but like others have said, not big on crowds. Especially without my little buddy on my hip. 

Instead I took the day off work to watch it on TV. Then me and the misses may go to the range afterwards. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, we made it back and actually had a great time. Was able to get tickets from Diane Black's office. The young lady there was terrific and so helpful. Was in the nosebleed area I guess, but the rest of the rabble was behind us. Crowd was very energized and only saw small pockets of protesters usually 6 or less. Lots of shouts at Schumer while he was speaking, boos, yelling at him to sit down, some said "get a hook" no rowdiness but lots of yelling at him and as Hillary was shown on the screen.

Our section was not nearly full, all the others seemed to be as well as the general admission areas. Lots of rooftop observation. At least two helicopters constantly overhead. I was privileged to be wanded at every security checkpoint, but they were nice about it.

Tried to go back on Saturday to take in some of the sights, but due to the pussy hats we couldn't see anything. Tons of people and barricades everywhere. Did spend some time at Arlington, but that was about it.

Overall it was a great trip and I'm glad my family was able to go. It really was an exciting place to be.

• Like 2