300 blackout AR smokes after adding supressor

Just recieved my supressor (AAC 762 SD) and after firing a round through it there is quite a bit of smoke coming out of the trigger guard, around the charging handle and out of the barrel. I assume this is somewhat normal but are others having this symptom?

10.5" barrel with Pistol length gas system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

With he back pressure added by the suppressor, you're likely to get some blowback.  The gas has to go somewhere.  

Honestly it's not really that noticeable as far as blowback goes. My 5.56 AR is way over gassed (factory) and you get lots of gas to the face. This is mainly just smoke. It may be lubrication burning off as well. I just fully cleaned it and didn't get as much smoke this time.

Is that with supersonic or subsonic ammunition? With subsonic it shouldn't be bad at all but supersonic, especially with a silencer, can really over gas a gun and all that extra gas comes out every crack and crevice it can. And if there is any lube in the silencer it can cause smoke to be pushed back into the receiver as well. I've had coolant come back into the receiver because the backpressure is so strong.

What you REALLY need to get now is something that doesn't need to run on gas. ARs are loud, no way around it. But a single shot rifle, or pistol, with a good silencer shooting ammunition loaded specifically for a single shot, its amazing. I have been working on different loads for my Encore and some of them are absolutely insane in how quiet they are.

Is that with supersonic or subsonic ammunition? With subsonic it shouldn't be bad at all but supersonic, especially with a silencer, can really over gas a gun and all that extra gas comes out every crack and crevice it can. And if there is any lube in the silencer it can cause smoke to be pushed back into the receiver as well. I've had coolant come back into the receiver because the backpressure is so strong.
What you REALLY need to get now is something that doesn't need to run on gas. ARs are loud, no way around it. But a single shot rifle, or pistol, with a good silencer shooting ammunition loaded specifically for a single shot, its amazing. I have been working on different loads for my Encore and some of them are absolutely insane in how quiet they are.

More so with supersonic. I tried a few different rounds a couple hours ago and it seemed to lighten up on the smoke after a good cleaning with a more precise lubing. I usually just smear grease in there liberally. I was contemplating an adjustable block but since it seems to run everything well with and without the supressor I'll just leave it alone.

Minimal poi shift as well with the supressor. That was a pleasant surprise.

You would not believe the difference having an adjustable gas block makes. It reduces felt recoil, makes it more reliable, faster follow up shots, less blow back so the gun stays cleaner. And with a silencer you can tune sone od the blow back out. 

An adjustable gas block artificially lengthens the gas system. You can meter the gas toi mimic a rifle length gas system. This lets you tune it so a lot of the pressure inside the barrel has time to drop before the bolt unlocks. 

When I built my first 300 AR I put an adjustable gas block that had three settings, supersonic and subsonic and off. I had been shooting subs and forgot to switch over for supers. When I fired the gun the recoil was monstrius compared to the correct setting. It slung the brass 15-20 feet compared to less than five on the correct setting. 

If you ever make it to Knoxville you are more than welcome to try my 300 Blackout AR. 

Are you reloading for it yet? There are a lot of good, unpublished recipes. I think the best powder that works with both supers and subs is IMR 4227. It works well with cast bullets too. A great powder for jacketed bullets, super and sub, is Lil' Gun. It is thge nost cvobsistebt powder I have ever shot but it burns hotter so it doesn't work well with cast.  If you have a short barrel Blue Dot also works well in an AR. 

For my single shots I use a pistol powder. I also use a lot of Trail Boss. Some say you can't compress it but I have never had a problem. i have loaded 250+ grain bullets using Trail Boss and through a silencer it is amazing.

You would not believe the difference having an adjustable gas block makes. It reduces felt recoil, makes it more reliable, faster follow up shots, less blow back so the gun stays cleaner. And with a silencer you can tune sone od the blow back out. 
An adjustable gas block artificially lengthens the gas system. You can meter the gas toi mimic a rifle length gas system. This lets you tune it so a lot of the pressure inside the barrel has time to drop before the bolt unlocks. 
When I built my first 300 AR I put an adjustable gas block that had three settings, supersonic and subsonic and off. I had been shooting subs and forgot to switch over for supers. When I fired the gun the recoil was monstrius compared to the correct setting. It slung the brass 15-20 feet compared to less than five on the correct setting. 
If you ever make it to Knoxville you are more than welcome to try my 300 Blackout AR. 
Are you reloading for it yet? There are a lot of good, unpublished recipes. I think the best powder that works with both supers and subs is IMR 4227. It works well with cast bullets too. A great powder for jacketed bullets, super and sub, is Lil' Gun. It is thge nost cvobsistebt powder I have ever shot but it burns hotter so it doesn't work well with cast.  If you have a short barrel Blue Dot also works well in an AR. 
For my single shots I use a pistol powder. I also use a lot of Trail Boss. Some say you can't compress it but I have never had a problem. i have loaded 250+ grain bullets using Trail Boss and through a silencer it is amazing.

Hmmmm. I may just do it then. I know you like the BTE versions but would you recommend the ball/detent type or the screw with the set screw? Anderson has a reasonably priced one with 20 settings on it.