Hello TN shooters!

The wife and I just moved to the northern 'burbs of Knoxville from the western 'burbs of Chicago.  Glad to be here.

Lifetime shooter and reloader, but just getting into action pistol competition.  The wife and I have been shooting steel for a couple years and just started USPSA last year.  Once we finish moving in, we'll be looking for places to shoot and compete.

Bob

21 hours ago, prag said:

Welcome to you and the missus Bob.

The local USPSA, IDPA, Steel and 3 gun are located in Oak Ridge at ORSA, for when you get settled in and such.

Thanks, prag.  I am going to try and visit there on the 21st, during their next USPSA match, and check the place out. 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 9:10 AM, Bob T said:

Once we finish moving in, we'll be looking for places to shoot and compete.

Welcome Bob! Transplanted myself and the family from Western NY a couple years ago myself. One of the smarter things I've done, love it down here (watching the weather reports back north gives me a chuckle, LOL!)

I'm on the west-side of Knox, and would be happy to show you around the Oak Ridge Sportsman Association. It's one of the nicest in the area and they have quite a few competition ranges (3-gun, rifle, etc.) I've been a member for a couple years, and while I don't go as often as I used to, I still feel it's money well spent.

- Kevin

Thank you Kevin.  We are loving it down here also.  Even though we were put in a position where we had to move, we sure picked the right place.

We did visit ORSA a couple weeks ago, and it looks great.  I am entered in the USPSA match this Saturday.  Can't wait to shoot again.