Resident Evil

NextExit

Lots of violence, er, I mean 'action' + zombie-type creatures + Milla Jovovich = Heck, yes, I want to see it.  Won't pay full theater price but I'd get it on DVD once it is no longer 'new release price'.  The movies in the series that I have seen were pretty entertaining and looking at Milla Jovovich even made that kinda dumb movie 'The Fifth Element' (which I did see in a theater and is the first movie I remember seeing her in) watchable.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JAB said:

Lots of violence, er, I mean 'action' + zombie-type creatures + Milla Jovovich = Heck, yes, I want to see it.  Won't pay full theater price but I'd get it on DVD once it is no longer 'new release price'.  The movies in the series that I have seen were pretty entertaining and looking at Milla Jovovich even made that kinda dumb movie 'The Fifth Element' (which I did see in a theater and is the first movie I remember seeing her in) watchable.

I would watch Milla Jovovich read from the dictionary if she wore that strap outfit from The Fifth Element..... 

23 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I would watch Milla Jovovich read from the dictionary if she wore that strap outfit from The Fifth Element..... 

I hear ya' - and I actually think she is better looking now than she was then.  Another thing is that, unlike some actresses who get put into action heroine roles, her portrayal of a badass heroine is actually convincing, IMO.  The Resident Evil movies, as a whole, are really pretty much B movies based on a video game but with A movie special effects.  However, Ms. Jovavich's performance makes them very enjoyable to watch, not just because she is easy on the eyes but because she is convincing and draws the viewer in with her performance.  I also love the way that she often portrays the character not just as a tough gal who is doing what she has to do but, as with some of the best male action stars of the past, as someone who - maybe despite herself - kinda likes it.  That gives her a certain swagger and makes the character fun - see the way she is smirking and how her eyes are kind of lit up when she is riding the motorcycle in the trailer for an example of what I mean.  She doesn't look like a person who is resigned to her fate.  Instead, she looks like a person who is absolutely in her element and feels like, "Oh, yeah - this is what I live for!"  There are certainly other actresses who can be just as convincing with or without that element of joy in what they are doing - Scarlett Johansson as 'The Black Widow' and Kate Beckinsale in the 'Underworld' series, another couple of ladies who could make Merriam-Webster arousing, for instance - but not all are.  For example, even though she has been cast in a lot of 'action' roles and has been in movies I have enjoyed, overall, I never seem to be able to fully accept Angelina Jolie as a badass, for some reason.  Milla Jovovich, though?  Yeah, I can totally believe that she could kick my ass (and make me like it.)

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, JAB said:

I hear ya' - and I actually think she is better looking now than she was then.  Another thing is that, unlike some actresses who get put into action heroine roles, her portrayal of a badass heroine is actually convincing, IMO.  The Resident Evil movies, as a whole, are really pretty much B movies based on a video game but with A movie special effects.  However, Ms. Jovavich's performance makes them very enjoyable to watch, not just because she is easy on the eyes but because she is convincing and draws the viewer in with her performance.  There are certainly other actresses who can be just as convincing - Scarlett Johansson as 'The Black Widow' and Kate Beckinsale in the 'Underworld' series, another couple of ladies who could make Marion-Webster arousing, for instance - but not all are.  For example, even though she has been cast in a lot of 'action' roles and has been in movies I have enjoyed, overall, I never seem to be able to fully accept Angelina Jolie as a badass, for some reason.

I agree. I have seen similar movies, but the acting is bad...so the whole movie sucks. The premise is good, but it just does not make you want to watch it.

I agree about Scarlett Johansson and Kate Beckinsale. Scarlett gets a bigger nod from me because of her Thor's Hammer tattoo. Just a personal interest of mine. I loke her as a redhead too. Other than that both of them keep my interest.

scarlett-johansson.thumb.jpg.f51aab4801a92d887672a32f7a03d43d.jpg

I don't buy Angelina Jolie as a movie bad ass either, but I still like to watch her. I think her age is catching up with her like the rest of us though. Still pretty, but maybe all the kids are wearing her down. lol I still like this look though. I really hated the Mr and Mrs Smith movie though. Lots of action, but it really did not make sense overall. Bad script and plot.

03.thumb.jpg.0a1fda22b7303ba242266f057d23fd99.jpg

scarlett-johansson.jpg

03.jpg