Your input please... P99c or hk p30sk

TN_Nash_CC

Hello all,

Well I just sold my Kimber micro 9 to a fellow member and am looking for a replacement 9mm..... open to either a single or double stack....

I want to keep in the Compact or Subcompact arena....

So I'm considering the following and sure would like input from my more learned members....

1. Walther P99c as

2. HK P30sk

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't shot either of those as I am not a fan of that mag release style, but I suspect they both a good guns.  I am a big fan of my S&W Shield, but it holds two less rounds that these.  I think it is worth shooting along with these just for feel if nothing else.  I wouldn't be afraid to have either of those if they fit my hand well.  They do appear to be a bit thicker than a Shield.  If you haven't held them in your hand, that to me is the most important along with shooting them if you can.  

Edited by Hozzie

I'm really liking my P30sk. I got a killer deal on it from CDNN. They had the LEM model for $499.

I shoot it almost as well as a full size pistol. I was skeptical at first, as this was my first sub compact pistol, but I'm loving it.

It has been 100% reliable, as you would expect with an HK. 

Get the P30sk V1 LEM, you won't be disappointed. 

That one comes down which one fits/feels better. I came down to that exact choice a few years ago. I found the ergonomics of the Walther worked better for me. Ultimately I ended up with a M&P9c with Trijicon night sights, Storm Lake match grade barrel, and a few mags, extended and regular. It shoots great and with over 300 reliable rounds through it. The trigger has smoothed right out. I carry it frequently. One of my favorites. 

I have a full sized Walther and really like the AS trigger with decock. 

im looking at a PPS now. 

Edited by DAdams
31 minutes ago, TN_Nash_CC said:

Thanks for the input guys !

Think I might include the PPS M2 in the choice pool

PPS M2 is a single stack. It does have a "normal" button mag release. It feels good. I liked shooting the first gen.

easy to conceal. M2 is Priced right.  There is a LE version that comes with three mags with varied capacity IIRC. 

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_55/products_id/5591/WAL+2807696+PPS+M2+9MM+7RD+LE+NS

6,7,8 round mags with night sights. That's the ticket.

if you plan to carry IWB this is a great choice. If OWB, then the field of double stack compacts is more open. I would even look at the 2.0 Springfield XD series. 

You made some great first choices. A couple of the best there is. But a lot has come out since those lead the field. 

Edited by DAdams
6 hours ago, TN_Nash_CC said:

Thanks for the input guys !

Think I might include the PPS M2 in the choice pool

PPS M2 is a single stack. It does have a "normal" button mag release. It feels good. I liked shooting the first gen.

easy to conceal. M2 is Priced right.  There is a LE version that comes with three mags with varied capacity IIRC. 

Buds is a good site to use for pricing. Whether you order from them or not is up to you. I have used a few times. They ship to a local FFL of your choice. I like to support my local dealers first and foremost.

Gander Mountain will match Buds price. 

Buds has a store and range in Pigeon Forge. 

Edited by DAdams
20 hours ago, DAdams said:

Just bought a PPS M2 myself, love it. Sort of a mini PPQ ( which I also have ).

Put Mepro nite sights on it, + PJ kydex OWB holster. Good to go. Very pleased with the PPS.

I was looking for a used P30sk and found a P2000sk V1 which I installed a 10# mainspring. Really like the trigger and feel of this gun. It fits my hand and is less expense than the P30sk.

I just discovered the P2000sk.... I've heard great feedback on the full size P2000....

What does the #10 mainspring offer as an improvement?

What do you like about the P2000sk ?

Just bought a PPS M2 myself, love it. Sort of a mini PPQ ( which I also have ).
Put Mepro nite sights on it, + PJ kydex OWB holster. Good to go. Very pleased with the PPS.

The PPS M2 seems to be a great option !

A mini PPQ.... NICE.!

• Like 1
I'm really liking my P30sk. I got a killer deal on it from CDNN. They had the LEM model for $499.
I shoot it almost as well as a full size pistol. I was skeptical at first, as this was my first sub compact pistol, but I'm loving it.
It has been 100% reliable, as you would expect with an HK. 
Get the P30sk V1 LEM, you won't be disappointed. 

Well went to Gander Mountain tonight just to poke around and see what they had..... initially went to check out a Walther PPS M2 or a Sig P320sc....

No PPS in stock.... did check out the Sig.... very nice... it was then I saw it.... an HK P30sk. .... just sitting there.... calling to me..... Turns out is was a V1 LEM....

Well, it had to come home with me.... so now I'm playing with the various grip combinations....

Really can't wait to get to a range and try this baby out.....

11 hours ago, TN_Nash_CC said:

Well went to Gander Mountain tonight just to poke around and see what they had..... initially went to check out a Walther PPS M2 or a Sig P320sc....

No PPS in stock.... did check out the Sig.... very nice... it was then I saw it.... an HK P30sk. .... just sitting there.... calling to me..... Turns out is was a V1 LEM....

Well, it had to come home with me.... so now I'm playing with the various grip combinations....

Really can't wait to get to a range and try this baby out.....

You made the right choice.

You can also get mags for it with a finger rest. http://www.topgunsupply.com/h-k-p30sk-9mm-10rd-extended-magazine.html

Also, X-grip in the near future will be making spacers so you can use the VP9/P30 15 round mag or the USPc/P2000 13 round mag in the P30SK. http://x-grips.com/hk/

The ones for the P2000SK will work, but there seems to be some fitment issues. I'm waiting for the ones for the P30SK. 

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/254249-x-grips-p30sk-2.html#post2121409

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/223643-will-hk-making-extended-pinky-grip-p30sk-4.html#post1792223

2 hours ago, TN_Nash_CC said:

Thanks for all your help guys !

While I REALLY like this HK P30sk. ... I've come to realize it's just too heavy for me to conceal carry each day.

Looks like I'll be posting it for sale in the coming days.

Have you tried a good gun belt?  It makes a big difference. 

Edited by hlb14