Urban Rifle 1 at Royal Range

Took urban rifle one at royal range this weekend. One of our members was one of the instructors both instructors were extremely knowledgeable and done a great job answering questions and helping out any way they could. The class itself was a good mix of class room and range time. Most of the class room time was spent on rifle familiarization, reloading techniques, and malfunction clearing. Range time consisted of multiple drills from 25 yards and closer. I was definitely humbled and learned real quick what I needed to work on. Looking forward to get in urban rifle 2 and some of the shooting on the move classes they offer. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Nice!  It's surprising how little issue there really is with maneuverability of a full-size carbine inside close quarters.  Short barrel rifles do have a bit of an advantage, but it's not near as constricting to run a full size carbine as some folks might think.

screwball09, thanks for the kind words.  You and the rest of the class did a great job.  You all certainly made it easy from an instructor standpoint. It was a fun class.  

The AR is a great and versatile platform.  I applaud you and your fellow students for your desire to learn more and  coming out to get the training.

Keep training and practicing. 

DB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, rn29306 said:

Royal Range is a Vendor on TGO, so while the format of the initial post may not include some of the information we were asking for back in 2012, the spirit of what we were after was met.

Because it is so easy for anyone to advertise themselves as a "Trainer" regardless of credibility, we have had problems over the years with folks spamming the site to get their name out there.  We've even had that problem from fairly established training organizations over the years.  But RR is good to go as relates to this particular thread.

Thanks for being on the watch for it, though.

• Like 2

I just joined here, but was in this exact class. Small world. Actually - it is what brought me here. Looking for competition shooting info and/or training tips.

Was a fantastic class. I got a lot out of it, not just with my rifle, but applies to other shooting as well. I'm looking forward to more classes at Royal Range.