1950 Marlin Model 336A

Selling off one of my most loved, but least used rifles.

1950 vintage, waffletop, 24" barrel, super tight action. Very crisp 3½lb trigger. Pre-microgroove rifling. 

I fitted the Williams FP tang sight, the flip up barrel sight (not original) is still in place. I'll also include an original rear sight, but it'll require using a lower front.

Sometime in the depths of history some utter fourletterword has drilled & tapped the receiver & barrel for scope mounts, hence the price.

I'm asking $550 absolutely firm on this. Check around & you'll find identical condition guns, undrilled, for $700-900.

I also have dies & ammo available (some factory, some reloads) for sale.

It has a couple of tiny rust blemishes on the mag tube, but much less than you'd expect on a 77 year old hunting gun.

It will shoot honest-to-God 1" 100yd groups with 170gn Corelokt.

20170117_130342_zpsa3fbakel.jpg

20170117_130401_zpsvpezzy3s.jpg

20170117_130438_zpswnw7y5ot.jpg

20170117_130409_zpsc8hrrapw.jpg

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Bodine2020
      20 Gage, with Choke.  $235.00.  Great condition.

• By Bodine2020
      Ranger.  Great condition.  Model 120.  $245.00

• By Bodine2020
      Chambered for 2 3/4 or 3".  $250.00.

• By Bodine2020
      New Englander.  Excellent condition.  $145.00

• By Grand Torino
      First let me start by saying if you didn't make it here in time or didn't see something you liked there will be others made before Christmas. I'm making the last batch of 5 now and that will be it for these knives before Christmas.
      These are made from 1/8" thick 80CRV2 carbon steel. They are all the same blank with 4" blade and 9" OAL. They all have thumb jimping, black oxide treatment and come with combo kydex/leather sheath shown.  They are each $70. 
      First come first serve and I will go by a simple "I'll take #1" for example posted here.
      1.SOLD!!!  African blackwood handles with Tru-Stone and G10 accents and liners. SS pins and lanyard tube. 

2. Chakta Viga handles with Desert Ironwood and G10 accents and liners. Brass pins and lanyard tube.

3.SOLD!!!  Babinga handles with Wenge and G10 accents and liners. SS pins and lanyard tube.

4. SOLD!!! Spalted Elm handles with Tru-Stone and G10 accents and liners. Brass pins and lanyard tube.

5. SOLD!!! Sonoran Desert Mesquite Burl handles with Padauk and G10 accents and liners. Brass pins and lanyard tube.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines