S&W SD series

TN357mag

Over the years , It seems I always have at least one S&W SD series pistol ... Over the years they have improved and the Sigma stigma has worn off ... I have a SD40VE now .. Good solid pistol size wise closer to a 19/23 than a 17/22 but has the capacity of the 17/22 sized pistols ... SS slide .. Decent sights a trigger that has improved over the years .... Still not a light trigger but breaks clean and consistent but it is a self defense pistol ...boreingly dependable .. great ergonomics.... comes with 2 SS magazines and all at great price ..

image.jpeg

My first pistol was a Sigma 9mm. Only had hunting guns before that. I thought it was fine until the Internet told me it was crap. Seriously, I didn't have anything to compare the trigger to so I didn't know. I had no problems other than that. Never malfunctioned at all. Traded up in guns later on.

Later I found a smoking deal on a SD9. Didn't even know S&W had updated the series. It was a much better gun. I couldn't really fault it for anything. One of the best values out there.

• Like 1

" I thought it was fine until the Internet told me it was crap. "

1 hour ago, nightrunner said:

I had a early Sigma in 40 S&W .. Ran a heck of alot of rounds thru it .. had it for years .. Carried as a woods gun with 180 gr FNLHC .. Carried while doing chores , checking fence line and such .. Traded it off for somthing ???

It was a servicable pistol ...

Alot of stuff you read on gun forums , when someone is trashing a firearm , that person is trying to justify purchasing a more expensive firearm ...

S&W stands behind all they're products ..

I lean toward Glocks ... But I do own other pistol brands , Taurus , Springfield & S&W ..

all good , all work ... 

I bought a Sigma from a young man who didn't like it. I guess that was just after it came out. I had no problems whatsoever with it...trigger and all.

I was walking around the old Murfreesboro show, the good one from the Walmart building days; and had it on my hip.

Got stopped by a middle aged guy who wanted to know what it was. I showed him and we talked for a few minutes. He then made me an offer on it, more than I'd paid for it. So he walked away with it.

That worked out well for me, as I bought a Sig SP2009 with the money. It's been a pretty good one as well. Especially for as little as I'm in it for.

One of my guys at work has one and really like it. I got a chance to check it out and was impressed at the amount of gun he got for the money. :up: 

I think they'd actually make a great carry gun in that if you had to ever use it it wouldn't be a big financial hit to have it rot in an evidence room for however long it would be there.