1 hour ago, captndan said:

Has it been checked to shoot 308?

do you have the bayonet?

It is not advisable to shoot 308 Winchester in ANY surplus gun originally designed to shoot 7.62x51. They are two distinctly separate calibers and although they will both chamber in the same gun firing 308 Winchester in a gun designed to shoot 7.62x51 can be a disaster for not only the gun but the shooter as well. 308 Winchester has a higher PSI than 7.62x51 and that can cause a lot of damage to a firearm, especially an older surplus firearm.

It is safe to shoot 7.62x51 in any gun chambered in 308 Winchester but it may not safe to shoot 308 Winchester in a gun designed to shoot 7.62x51.

308 Winchester is higher pressure than 7.62x51

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By tercel89
      This is my S&W M&P 9mm the newest 2.0 version. It's had 400 rds through it and comes with all the factory things , papers , 4 grip inserts , an extra grip insert in FDE color and 2 17 rd factory mags. Also I will include a new 50 rd box of 9mm ammunition. I smoothed out the grip on the front and sides just a bit to make it easier on the hands. Gun and ammo all for $450. I am in the Clarksville and Ashland City area but can travel east west or south around 50 miles to meet a member to buy it. Thanks for looking. 

• By Cojo87
      SOLD

• By CrosbyStills
      Selling my Belgian-made 1995 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) Safari II w engraved receiver, .30-06 caliber, LH, 22.5" barrel, w BOSS muzzle and Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-10 Scope. Not sure what is LH about it since it is not a bolt - but LH is what I have in my notes, lol.
      Asking $1,800 
      FTF w valid TN DL for bill of sale, Knox area.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines